Python Software Engineer – Athena Trade & Risk Services – Intraday Risk - VP – CIB
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to design, develop and deliver software components within the Athena eco system. You will work with a team innovators and technologists driven towards creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will be tested in problem-solving in both a business and technical context. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
Athena is a cross-asset platform transforming technology at JP Morgan. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of firm's business, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research. Athena combines the best of open source technologies with innovative components developed internally, which gives a potential candidate ability to contribute to wide range of exciting projects.
We are looking for hands-on developers, who enjoy solving challenging technical problems. Ideal candidates should have strong computer science foundations and be able to work across different platforms and languages. Candidates should be inspired by working in a collaborative, fast-changing environment with a high degree of code sharing and reuse. Focus on innovation and quality of solutions should be demonstrated by their contributions in previous professional roles or projects (either academic or personal).
As part of the Athena Trade & Risk Services Intraday Risk team your remit will be to design and deliver technical products which directly enable front office users to manage their Risk in an accurate and timely manner. You will work with line of business software developers to understand business use cases and problems and be responsible for the full pipeline of software delivery. You will build up relationships with internal clients and take full ownership for software delivery to assist with business migrations to the Athena platform. You should be a self-sufficient developer comfortable tackling new and complex problem sets. Prior experience working in a front office Risk environment is preferable but more important is the ability to quickly pick up new concepts and flows and back that up with robust, high quality, maintainable and reusable code. As a VP level hire we will be looking for someone who is capable of taking on challenging technical deliverables, working directly with stakeholders to understand the problem domain and delivering high-quality solutions.
• Develop robust, performant software products and APIs, and enrich existing applications using the Athena Platform. Align development with the overall Intraday Risk Athena convergence strategy.
• Work directly with line of business developers to gather requirements, understand business context and translate this into a set of work items for delivery.
• Be responsible for the entire software development lifecycle: requirement gathering, design, implementation, testing, and handover to line of business teams.
• Enhance the team by demonstrating best practice throughout the software development lifecycle: testing, code review, accurate status reporting, focus on application resilience and “operability”.
• Professional python experience with proven track record of high quality successful delivery.
• Proven wide ranging technical experience demonstrating a genuine interest in technical products and problem solving.
• Real-time data feed experience, service-oriented architecture and experience of APIs.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to integrate into a cross region team.