Python Software Engineer - CIB Rates - Associate
About J.P. Morgan Chase& Co.
J.P.Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firmwith assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firmis a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, smallbusiness and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, assetmanagement and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average,J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United Statesand many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and governmentclients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. About J.P. MorganCorporate & Investment Bank
J.P.Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking,markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governmentsand institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries.With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, theCorporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital,manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Business Overview
TheRates business serves the investment and risk management needs of institutionalclients across the world (such as pension funds, insurance companies and banks)as a dealer in government bonds and interest rate derivatives. It also supportsmost governments need to raise money for public services and investment byacting as a primary dealer and market maker in government debt. Team Description
Athenais J.P. Morgan's cross-market risk management and trading system. It is used inour foreign exchange, fixed income and commodities businesses. Athena includesa globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph anda fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. Python is usedfor flexibility and rapid but controlled releases. Athena is designed to pulldevelopers close to the business to help increase revenues while improvingoperational processes and controls to reduce costs.
TheRates Athena Market Data team is extending the firm's strategic Athena platformfor all Rates and FX products globally. The team provides support to usersacross multiple continents, ranging from Sydney to London to New York. Webuilds out the core market data used for products which include Securities(Bonds and Futures), Interest Rates Derivatives (Swaps, Options, and Exotics),Repo & FX (Spot, Forwards) across all traded currencies. The team worksacross EOD and Intraday market data, which powers the firm's strategic Risk,PnL and Position management systems, Sales Workflows and Trade Capture.
Wepartner closely with our Quantitative Research, Front Office, Market Risk andMiddle Office counterparts. We work in an agile environment, with regular standups, retrospectives and sprint planning sessions. Job Description Key Responsibilities:
• Work closely with customers to identifyand specify complex business requirements and processes, research, evaluate& recommend alternative solutions.
• Plan delivery of work, including creatingstory plans, and being an active member of team stand-ups, retrospectives andsprint planning.
• Understand and improve our workflows ofMarket Data.
• Provide support and maintenance of ourproducts.
• Maintain good standard of code quality,test coverage and domain modelling.
• Model, design, develop, code, test,debug, document and push components to production.
• Conduct design & code reviews in aContinuous Deployment environment.
• Be proficient in the Athena platform'sNoSql OO database, graph-oriented development model and developer toolset.
• Ensure compliance of projectmethodology and Information Risk policies
• Incorporate team and firm-wide architecturalstandards into design. Your Background:
Weare looking for developers proud of their coding skills and driven to deliver.The developer will be working on the strategic Market Data team across allRates and FX products in an environment which allows using a fully automatictest and continuous deployment tool-chain. If you are looking for a role thatchallenges you technologically and pushes your business knowledge across avariety of asset classes, then this could be the role for you. Essential
• Objectoriented analysis and development
• Interpersonalskills for effective working in a globally distributed team
• Automatedunit testing, refactoring Desirable
• MarketConnectivity Protocols e.g. FIX, Thomson Reuters Enterprise Platform (TREP)
• Messageoriented middleware ( e.g. MQSeries )
• NoSqldatabases, e.g. Cassandra, BigTable
• SQLand relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
• XMLand related technologies ( XML Schema, XPath )
• Eventdriven Programming
Thehiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexibleworking. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to amore formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
AtJPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, andwe're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and careerdevelopment, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career aspart of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the livesof people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorganChase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employerDisability/Veteran.