Quality Automation Specialist
Join us as a Quality Automation Specialist
What you'll do
- Joining our Customer Mobile team, you'll be undertaking and enabling automated testing activities in all delivery models
- We'll look to you to support teams to develop quality solutions and enable continuous integration and assurance of defect free deployment of customer value
- You'll be working closely with feature teams and a variety of stakeholders, giving you great exposure to professional development opportunities
Joining us in a highly collaborative role, you'll be contributing to the transformation of testing using quality processes, tools, and methodologies, significantly improving control, accuracy and integrity. You'll make sure repeatable, constant and consistent quality is built into all phases of the idea to value lifecycle at reduced cost or reduced time to market. It's a chance to work with colleagues at multiple levels, and with cross-domain, domain, platform and feature teams, to build in quality as an integral part of all activities.
Additionally, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Supporting the design of automation test strategies, aligned to business or programme goals
- Actioning and evolve more predictive and intelligent testing approaches, based on automation and innovative testing products and solutions
- Collaborating to refine the scope of manual and automated testing required, the creation of automated test scripts, user documentation and artefacts
- Designing and creating a low maintenance suite of stable, re-usable automated tests, which are usable both within the product or domain and across domains and systems in an end-to-end capacity
- Applying testing and delivery standards by understanding the product development lifecycle along with mandatory, regulatory and compliance requirements
We're looking for someone with the experience of automated testing working, particularly from an Agile development or CICD environment. You'll be an innovative thinker who can identify opportunities and design solutions, coupled with the ability to develop complex automation code. You'll have a good understanding of Agile methodologies with experience of working in an Agile team, with the ability to relate everyday work to the strategic vision of the feature.
You'll have experience of behaviour driven development framework and using a standard framework to create unit tests, integration tests and acceptance tests, and you'll be able to use mocking and stub testing.
We'll also look for you to have:
- Knowledge of Java, Groovy or Python
- An understanding of build pipelines and where functional testing is used at each stage
- The ability to create and use HTTP services using standard web server and client libraries in any language
- Experience using Agile tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Zephyr and Confluence
- Experience in end-to-end and automation testing using the latest tools as recommended by enterprise tooling framework
- A background of designing, developing and implementing automation frameworks in new environments
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to management level colleagues