- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 19 Mär 19
20 March 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£57,483 - £63,870
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Our Machine Intelligence Programme (MIP) now have career opportunities for driven individuals to take on a Quality Engineer role delivering or helping to deliver exciting customer driven solutions.
The ultimate measure of success for LBG is Quality software in production with the team being continually challenged, motivated, mentored and supported and being part of an autonomous team driving quality solutions.
You'll help define "Done" from a Quality perspective and deliver Test solutions in line with the Test Strategy and our QA Engineering principles. You'll always have a view of reducing risk through the Test lifecycle and will help drive the overarching Quality Engineering strategy. Your thought process will be automation first making use of a modern toolchain and automation framework.
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we can offer excellent opportunities for career growth and development. And we are looking for people who can seize those opportunities; you'll get plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
What we're looking for:
• Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering background with a deep knowledge of Test Lifecycle, Test Models, Best Practices, Test Benchmarking and Test Tools.
• Experience of leading and embedding Quality Transformation initiatives across multiple areas.
• Experience of working in a dynamic agile delivery environment Testing web applications.
• Experienced in defining Quality Engineering and Assurance deliverables producing quality Test artefacts.
• Technical specialist expertise with experience in BDD
• An automation first Test approach with a passion for driving productivity and a focus on reducing risk.
• Proficient experience with toolsets including Selenium, Cucumber, Jest, JMeter, Gattling , Jenkins,Jira
• Confidence to express own opinions, and be pragmatic about modifying them when appropriate
• Significant Problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Experience of working with stakeholders in and out of feature teams and projects building long lasting collaborative relationships.
• You will be a strong advocate of industry trends, innovation and continuous improvement demonstrating how we can remain competitive in a fast paced environment.
• Passion to lead and work collaboratively across the teams in order to align to the Digital Test Strategy and meet the overall goals of the Bank and Stakeholders.
• Experience and knowledge across the entire Test Lifecycle including Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Test Data and Environments
• Excitement about enabling others to achieve greater results than one can achieve alone and being part of a wider delivery team responsible for end to end solutions.
Our vision of being the best bank for customers is dependent on every colleague committing to and demonstrating our core value of "putting customers first". By individually and collectively committing to our Group values and codes, we will be able to make a difference together and help Britain prosper.
At LBG, we're invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. Our inclusive culture offers you flexibility to try new things while helping you build the future you want.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.