- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 25 Apr 19
30 April 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£45,423 - £50,470
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Ensure Engineering is conducted in a way which is consistent with the collective views, frameworks, patterns and best practices that exist across the wider Engineering community.
Lloyds Banking Group is changing. We're rapidly transforming into a Digitally-led business on a massive scale in order that we can better serve our millions of customers. This is a big opportunity for you to be part of ground-breaking transformation and it means there's never been a more exciting time to join.
So, if being at the cutting edge of Digital Banking appeals and you have the background and skills we're looking for then get in touch. We're keen to get in touch with you.
Want to know more?
This is an excellent opportunity for driven individuals to tackle a Quality Assurance Engineer role within a feature team delivering exciting customer driven solutions. The ultimate measure of success is Quality software in production with the team being continually challenged, motivated, mentored and supported and being part of an autonomous team driving quality solutions.
About the role:
You'll help define from a Quality perspective and deliver Test solutions in line with the Test Strategy and our QA Engineering principles. You'll always have a view of reducing risk through the Test lifecycle and will help drive the overarching Quality Engineering strategy through the Quality Assurance Guild. Your thought process will be automation first making use of a modern toolchain and automation framework. With our breadth, reach and diversity, we can offer excellent opportunities for career growth and development. And we're searching for people who can seize those opportunities; you'll get plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
So what would you be doing for us?
- Creating Tests artefacts in line with an agreed Test Strategy and maintaining Test traceability.
- Automate functional testing in sprint against user stories and maintaining regression packages
- Identifying defects and working with the feature team to provide fixes preventing defect leakage. Helping to capture lessons learnt to prevent similar issues in the future.
- Participate, as a part of a Scrum team, in shaping User Stories and identifying acceptance criteria and key test scenarios
- Ensure that Testing is conducted in a way which is consistent with - and exploit the collective frameworks, patterns and standard methodologies that exist across the wider Test community
- Work with Software Engineers, Performance Engineers, Business Analysts, Product Owners, Architects and Designers as a part of the Feature Team.
- Be open to new thought process and Change mindset, bring in new ways of working/ innovative and creative ways of delivering.
- Relentless focus on delivering business value through sound engineering methods and principles.
- Being a strong part of the QA Guild helping to build the community and building the capabilities of others.
- Your experience of leading and embedding Quality Transformation initiatives across multiple areas.
- Your experience of working in a dynamic agile delivery environment Testing web applications.
- Experience in defining Quality Engineering and Assurance deliverables producing quality Test artefacts.
- For you to be familiar with working in a BDD environment
- Hands on experience with Cucumber and Gherkin
- Experience working in Agile scrum team
- Experience in testing automation within a continuous integration environment (ideally Jenkins
- Know cross browser testing tools (ideally Sauce Lab)
- Experience with accessibility testing
- Your automation first Test approach with a passion for driving productivity and a focus on reducing risk
- Experience with toolsets including Selenium, Cucumber, Perfecto, Appium, Saucelabs, Jenkins , Jira , confluence
- Confidence to express own opinions, and be pragmatic about modifying them when appropriate
- Significant Problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Experience of working with stakeholders in and out of feature teams and projects building long lasting collaborative relationships.
- Experience or knowledge of working with Content Management System.
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference. Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- Car or car allowance of up to £4,788 per year
- Discretionary bonus between 20-40% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.