Miryco are working with a well-established London based investment manager in search of a Quantitative Analyst to support their portfolio management and investment strategy teams. The successful candidate will offer technical ability to manage data and build tools to improve the quality and scalability of the team’s investment process. This should eventually lead to risk-taking and proposing investment actions within portfolios based on quantitatively defined rationales. This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior quantitative analyst keen to develop an understanding of investment portfolio theory, portfolio construction and risk techniques in a multi-asset context.
- Supporting the Strategy team members in developing tools to help guide asset allocation.
- Building tools for the Portfolio Management team to better consistency in evaluating 3rd party investment products from a quantitative perspective.
- Managing the team’s data creation and storage, ensuring all target position data are uploaded in a timely manner and integrity is maintained to the highest standards.
- Supporting the creation of model portfolios by supplying data to the PMs on a variety of asset risk and static data.
- Supporting the Strategy and Portfolio Management teams with ad-hoc requests in support of research projects.
- Providing backup for the Portfolio Management team in creating and approving trades within the funds as required.
- Experience working with SQL and databases, including querying, and uploading data.
- Experience in at least one of R, MATLAB, or Python, preferably in a professional context.
- Preferably experience in using VBA Knowledge.
- An interest in investment management, including asset allocation and the implementation of investment views.
- Some experience of optimisation techniques.
- Be able to engage with, interpret and replicate financial academic literature.
- Able to learn to use judgement and formulate investment actions.
- Masters/Ph.D. in a quantitative subject preferred (e.g. Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or similar).
- Preferably gained, or working towards gaining, the CFA or equivalent.
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
Eligibility to work in the UK
Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills.
For similar roles visit www.miryco.com/vacancies