Rates and Credit eTrading Application Support
For more than 15 years, Talan has been advising companies and administrations, supporting them and implementing their transformation projects in France and abroad. With a presence on four continents, the group anticipates revenue of €350 million in 2020, for a headcount of more than 3,500 consultants.
In the UK, Talan count 230 employees on several site, the main being: London, Edinburgh and Chester, Leeds. Job Description
The APS eSolutions group (Application Production Support Electronic Solutions) is a global team providing services directly to the global FX, Rates, eCommerce and Credit businesses within the Global Market group of BNPP.
The team is concerned with the production support and release of solutions providing discreet functionality, driven by the global Rates and Credit business. The systems are used globally with major server hubs in London, NY, Tokyo and Singapore.
The Rates and Credit business has over 150 traders in 6 centres, and is headquartered in London.
The team is responsible for supporting globally the ION platform, in-house pricing application, algorithmic trading components, STP, for rates and Credit business.
The key focus is to provide BAU production support issues/user enquiries and align processes and procedures with the global support teams: to ensure current service agreements are met and requirements are successfully implemented, also to establish a high level of quality for the production systems supporting the FI businesses.
This role is a front office analyst for London team. Day-to-day Responsibilities as support analyst Incident and Problem Management
- Manage/Own P1/P2 incidents and problems end to end
- Communicates with internal users and management over incidents and post-mortems
- Ensures all support issues are correctly logged in the Bank incident management system with relevant details (downtime, slowness etc..) and ownership of their resolution
- Diagnoses issues: establishes their root case.
- Initiates task force over critical incidents
- Liaises with upstream and downstream systems support teams as appropriate Application Monitoring and follow up
- Responsible for global uptime target of 99.9%, across the whole Rates and Credit eTrading platform
- Coverage of Rates eTrading applications production implementation, troubleshooting and monitoring:
Market connectivity though ION
D2D and D2C
- Monitors application state and input/output data correctness throughout the day, hand-over with follow the sun support teams
- Performs system administration
- Updates the relevant Production KPIs
- Migration of our monitoring to SCADA using Python scripts Knowledge Management and Documentation
- Documents support procedures on wiki
- Owns team knowledge base on wiki for all in-scope applications
- Provides support to end-users on how to use the application
- Ensures Follow-the-Sun and regional support teams are trained as required, in particular over new releases
- Communicates a daily handover document to Follow-The-Sun support teams, where appropriate Continuous Service Level improvement
- Contributes to capacity management of in-scope applications: proactively tracks trends in application behaviour, and alerts Application Production and Development teams of any potential risks in the future
- Ensures that all application support logs are fit for purpose, i.e meaningful and actionable.
- Actively seeks reduction of dependency on manual interventions by support staff, e.g leveraging enterprise batch scheduling and enterprise monitoring tools Maintenance and enhancements
- Participates to release cycles for functional validation on staging/preproduction and production
environments - in particular for logs
- Review release and coordinate around deployment/post release checks
- Communicates Release Notes Project and specific tasks
- Various project and smaller tasks are managed by the team, all related to support: most of the tasks are
incident response, business request or maintenance
- Project are mainly related to new development where application support role is to make sure of the supportability, monitoring of the new tool, team and user training Candidate Profile
- First class degree of top university and scientific background - mathematical or/and IT (ability to problem solve)
- High motivation to learn a huge and complex environment
- Candidates must have relevant experience in a similar role, the majority of which should have been gained within Front Office Trading. They must be experienced in providing support as part of a team, and have practical understanding of the criticality of trading applications.
- The role focuses specifically on Rates products, Rates knowledge would be appreciated. Knowledge/Skills/Experience Required
- Must have driven, enthusiasm and be committed to work. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be able to use own initiative. They also need to be a strong team player. The ability to deliver results quickly and under pressure is essential.
- We are looking for someone who is analytical and able to solve complex problems.
- The successful candidate will be expected to multi-task and to be able to prioritise his work. Good time management and co-ordination skills are essential. Personal Attributes
- Hard worker
- Analysis and communication
- Ability to clearly explain technical issues
- Ability to work under pressure in a changing environment
- Capability to cope calmly with stressed users facing system issues
- Strong sense of issue ownership and business accountability
- Problem solving minded
- Willingness to learn
- Willingness to deliver
- Strong desire to investigate and resolve issues in the short term (workaround / setting up procedure)
and Longer term (participate to the definition of proper fix)
- Genuine interest in support
- Inquisitive mind
- Good personal organisation to follow up simultaneously a very large number of support issues
- Understand users' need and convert them to IT realisable
- Flexibility/Adaptability Language Required
- English fluent