The Capital Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for regulatory reporting (including the preparation of the PRA Prudential regulatory returns, the Bank of England statistical returns), monitoring and analysing the Bank's capital usage, leverage ratio and large exposures, providing guidance to Front Office (and Back Office functions) and communicating issues to regulators and internal/external auditors.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Execution and control of the production of daily, weekly and periodic regulatory management information including:
-Daily Capital by desk reporting specifically counterparty/credit risk, all market risk calculations and maintenance of appropriate adjustments and resultant key internal and external ratio metrics.
-Daily large exposure monitoring, ensuring adherence to PRA limits and providing concise analysis and commentary on variances.
-Daily Leverage ratio monitoring, ensuring adherence to limit framework.
-Reports and commentaries for Risk/Exec Committees.
-Monthly MI reporting and metrics, such as Alco, Operation risk.
- Support front office queries, its capital usage and what if analysis.
- Preparation of various quarterly CoRep Prudential, FCA and Statistical Regulatory Reporting to external bodies including:
- RelevantCoRep submissions; Own Funds (Market risk (including FX, Equity and securitisation), settlement risk, CVA, concentration risk, Credit and counterparty risk.Be a key contact for the preparation and reporting of the monthly external Client Asset reporting requirements (CASS 6/7 - CMAR).
- Assist with preparation of Large Exposures and Leverage Ratio.
- Assist with the FSA legacy returns (FSA005, FSA015, FSA017, and FSA038) with detailed variance analysis and associated commentary.
- Bank of England Statistical reporting as required, associated explanation and controls.
- .Pro-actively liaise with Regulatory Reporting Project team, ISD members and Financial / Management reporting members, risk management operations and product control to ensure that the COREP templates, FSA legacy returns and BoE forms are delivered to the required level of accuracy. Help drive change and prioritisation agenda with ISD.
- Assist with insight, ideas and proactive support to help drive target operating model discussions as to reporting architecture improvements and alignment to overall finance operating model. Work closely with other Finance teams (and Risk Management Dept. where necessary) to drive consistency of reporting, reduction of duplication and streamlining of reporting processes.
- Put forward initiatives to automate and enhance the current daily / monthly/ quarterly (internal & external) processes, when required, develop/prototype new tactical processes, standardize where possible procedures and improve controls. Continue to take an active role to assimilate offshoring model, review workflows and knowledge transfer in a controlled manner.
- Continue to understand current reporting processes - trades/positions, reference data, feeds, new Capital reporting system (Axiom), upstream systems, reports etc., as required, assist line manager with the delivery of relevant projects, testing and enhancements.
- Continue to take an active role in assisting the user acceptance testing of changes in a controlled manner, ensures smooth embedding of new reporting platform (Axiom) and associated controls.
- Assist the capital regulatory team for embedding the new Pillar 3 reporting requirements for 2021 using Axiom.
- Continue to gain knowledge of CRR/CRR2/CRD capital rules specifically in relation to counterparty risk, equity risk, leverage ratio and specific and general interest rate risk and demonstrate ability to apply knowledge to reporting,
- Document processes as necessary and ensure control processes remain fit for purpose and where necessary be able to design suitable controls to improve the overall control framework.
- Learn and support dual hated responsibilities as below. Assist understanding, knowledge transfer and development of control processes as necessary.
*Previous project UAT testing experience.
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
*Proven knowledge of CoRep reporting requirements (deadlines/structures/controls etc) for trading book products.
*Knowledge and experience of the PRA CRR (1 &2) rules requirements (Risk weights, Market Risks, Leverage and Large Exposures) and good understanding of current regulatory changes eg CRR2/CRR3 ;
*Working understanding of Bank of England Statistical reporting requirements.
*Good working knowledge of the Axiom reporting platform.
*Candidate should be able to demonstrate an ability to develop new skills and build knowledge of products including bonds, equities, swaps, options, and credit default products, including the economics of these products;
*Strong data analytical skills, handling large volumes of data providing comprehensive comments on any movements etc;
*Ability to document actual versus expected results;
*Very strong excel skills with knowledge of fundamental formulas, pivots tables and an understanding of VBA.
*Experience of working testing data quality, developing data cleansing strategies and preparing regulatory returns.
*Experience building Excel based models:
*Advance excel formula
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003