Risk - Credit Risk - Structured Credit & Equity Finance - Senior Associate / Vice President - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Risk Division is a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's credit, market, liquidity, and operational risk. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Credit Risk is responsible for managing the firm's credit exposure to its trading and lending counterparties. Leveraging its extensive expertise in financial, credit and risk analysis, Credit Risk ensures that credit exposure to our counterparts is managed within the firm's risk appetite. Credit Risk operates through 10 different offices around the world and credit professionals work closely with many areas of the firm. Given this structure, Credit Risk professionals gain diverse financial experience and a broad perspective on how the entire firm functions. The interaction with numerous departments and the range of projects that ensue allow for a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Key Responsibilities
- Lead analysis of derivative and financing transactions including credit risk considerations and views of structured collateral such as loans and equity, including analysis of credit protections and covenants
- Contribute to and participate in investment committee memorandums and discussions
- Present credit views in meetings with senior management and committee members
- Monitor portfolio of structured transactions, including analyzing portfolio surveillance reports and authorizing approvals of amendments to collateral packages or other facility details throughout the life of the trade
- Evaluate fundamental credit appetite across private equity fund counterparties and/ or hedge funds
- Bachelor's degree (or international equivalent)
- Minimum of five (5+) years of experience in the job offered or a related role
- Experience in assessing derivatives and structured financings such as equity margin loans
- Experience presenting and defending transaction underwriting to colleagues, senior management and internal stakeholders
- Familiarity with derivatives, especially equity and credit derivatives
- Experience with credit risk assessments of Private Equity funds and/or Hedge Funds.
- Familiarity with regulatory risk rating requirements and application of such guidance
- Highly motivated with strong academic background
- Flexibility, ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience in team environment, including to work with colleagues across multiple offices and locations
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Functional Expertise and Technical Skills - Knowledge of financial markets, risk analysis and current risk management practices as well as strong technical skills required for the role. Values attention to details, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Client and Business Focus - Builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams
- Communication Skills - Communicates in a clear and concise manner, shares information/new ideas with peer group and team, while demonstrating judgment to escalate as appropriate
- Judgment and Problem Solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyzes complex issues
- Creativity and Influence- Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity