Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom. Risk - Graduate Programme Locations:
London About you
- To be eligible for our Risk graduate programme, you'll need to have, or be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- You'll have a genuine interest in the world of finance, enjoy thinking strategically and have strong analytical skills
- You're inquisitive and analytical, and not afraid to challenge the status quo and bring new ideas to the table.
About the programme
As a graduate trainee within Risk, we'll equip you with the knowledge, skills and experiences you'll need to become a leading risk professional. You'll learn how risk is managed in a large organisation, and gain hands on experience in a wide range of areas, from credit risk and financial crime to operational risk and compliance.
We'll reward you with a starting salary of £33,500. If you join a team based in London you will be awarded an additional allowance of £3450 (pro rata). And on top of your salary, you'll also have access to our flexible benefits package.
This is a two-year programme, where you can look forward to:
At the end of the programme you'll be well placed to apply for roles such as Risk Partners, Conduct Advisors, Operational Risk Managers or Credit Risk Analysts as a few examples.
- Delving into the world of credit risk, oversight and challenge
- An understanding of how to identify, analyse and report on risk, and the opportunity to shape our policies on how much risk we wish to take
- The chance to drive change and innovation projects, building your business partnering and stakeholder management skills
- Developing the confidence and influencing skills to raise ideas and challenge the status quo.
- The opportunity to work towards a professional qualification.
About the business area
In Risk, our role is to make sure we're doing the right thing as an organisation - for our people and our customers. Risk management allows us to strike a balance between taking risks and reducing them.
It's our responsibility to manage risk across the bank, ensuring we have the right culture, strategy and rules in place. We also manage interactions with key regulators, providing trusted advice to the colleagues who are serving our customers.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we'll close the programme to new applications. It's important to take the time to make sure you're making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don't miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.