The role of the SGIL RISQ COO will particularly focus on: * Monitoring of Credit and Market risk exposures; * Production of Management Information to support the CRO in his SMF4 responsibilities, along with the Risk Control and Board Risk Committees: * Ensure a smooth communicate with the Business lines and report any issue to the CRO * Report and contribute to the different risk committees; * Contribute to internal and regulatory reporting.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different. Job description:
Description of the Business Line or Department
Societe Generale International Ltd (‘SGIL') is a UK based MiFID Investment Firm authorised and regulated by the FCA and is designated as a LAF and significant IFPRU Firm under the FCA's IFPRU. SGIL is Societe Generale's primary booking hub for listed execution, clearing and financing activities within Societe Generale Global Market and a fully owned subsidiary of Societe Generale.
The RISQ department within SGIL is composed of 4 functional teams:
* Enterprise Risk Management: in charge of Risk Framework, Risk Appetite, ICAAP and the embedding of Risk Culture.
* Counterparty Risk: in charge of risks on market activities, including Credit Counterparty Risk assessment, validation, portfolio analysis and reporting
* Market risk: in charge of risks on market activities, including Market, Model, and Liquidity / ALM risk
Operational Risk: in charge of operational risks, including supervision of outsourced risk processes and the CTL function
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The role of the SGIL RISQ COO will particularly focus on:
* Monitoring of Credit and Market risk exposures;
* Production of Management Information to support the CRO in his SMF4 responsibilities, along with the Risk Control and Board Risk Committees:
* Ensure a smooth communicate with the Business lines and report any issue to the CRO
* Report and contribute to the different risk committees;
* Contribute to internal and regulatory reporting.
* Oversee and manage all RISQ governance-related matters, including regulatory.
Oversee projects impacting SGIL RISQ team. Summary of responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the role are:
* Collect daily the various risk reports necessary to the monitoring of SGIL Activities:
* Analyse these reports and produce synthetic analyses for her/his management
* Alert SGIL Risk Management immediately in case of critical situation or missing reports
* Produce the necessary risk synthesis for the risk packs to be presented to the Risk Control and Board Risk Committees, as well as any other ad hoc forum.
* Contribute to the identification of the various risk faced by SGIL and to the definition of the metrics and reports needed to properly monitor those risks.
* Assist the CRO in ensuring a proper risk governance of the Company. This will include, compiling the support document for the Board Risk Committees, preparing draft minutes.
* Manage SGIL RISQ regulatory and internal audit matters: ensuring regulatory and internal audit requests are answered completely in a timely manner, preparing materials for regulatory visits.
* Supervise the dedicated SGIL RISQ projects.
Monitor and update SGIL RISQ outsourcing process (CSLA).Level of autonomy and authority
Although the SGIL COO will operate under the direct management of SGIL Chief Risk Officer and the UK COO, a high degree of autonomy is expected. Profile description:
• Experience in previous roles organizing, preparing and delivering MI and committee packs
* Relevant industries: Banking, Prime Brokerage, Capital markets
* Experienced with building presentations
* Developed communication and interpersonal skills.