Risk Management - Manager (Audit Independence team) - 12m FTC
- London, England, Großbritannien London England GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 14 Sep 18 2018-09-14
Job Title: Risk Management - Manager (Audit Independence team) - 12m FTC Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
The Independence Team is responsible for ensuring EY UK and Ireland are in compliance with the auditor independence rules and regulations imposed by external regulatory bodies (eg FRC, SEC, IESBA, EU) and by EY in relation to the conduct of the firm's auditing business. This also includes ensuring that new audit clients and engagements accepted by the firm do not result in an independence conflict. The Independence Team (led by the Independence Partner for UK and Ireland) forms part of the UK&I Risk Management Group ("RM") which reports directly to senior management. There are currently over 20 members in the Independence Team (including conflicts) and a combined total of around 50 individuals within RM.
The Independence Team currently has a 12 month Fixed Term Contract (FTC) opportunity available based in London (MLP). This is a unique and fantastic opportunity to join a wonderful team, very much central to the firm.
Your key responsibilities
The role will primarily involve assisting client facing professionals with non-audit service queries, formal Independence consultations and other Independence matters. You will be expected to advise on the Independence restrictions that apply to a given situation and the permissibility of proposed services. Over time, given training and support, you will be expected to develop into a subject matter expert.
In addition, you will be expected to support senior Management on various matters which may include:
- Undertaking due diligence in respect of proposed firm acquisitions or alliances;
- Training the business on Independence related matters;
- Resolution of potential Independence breaches - liaison with GCSPs and audit Partners, as required
- Training, mentoring and supporting more junior members of the Independence team
- Supporting Independence Partners/Directors on other independence related initiatives/campaigns;
Skills and attributes for success
- The ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels including delivering tough messages to senior leaders within the firm
- Capable of working using own initiative, with excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good analytical and interpretation skills
- Adaptable and flexible with good team working skills and the ability to multi-task.
To qualify for the role you will ideally have
- Previous experience working at a Manager level
- Commercial awareness of the issues facing the business and the ability to deal with problems in a practical and common sense way
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritise key areas of responsibility, tasks and projects.
Ideally, you'll also have the ability to
- Build strong working relationships with people in each of our service lines, including Tax, Audit, Transactions and Advisory, and develop an excellent understanding of their business;
- Work to pre-determined deadlines and meet objectives under pressure; and
- Think strategically and handle complex concepts
What we look for
A commercially focused Manager with strong communication, leadership and analytical skills.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.