Risk Modeling and Analytics Specialist (UBS Career Comeback)
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- UBS UK
- 22 Apr 19
Job Reference # 190456BR
Been out of the workforce for two or more years and ready to come back? Already built a career in financial services (or in a transferable role) and want to take the next step on your career path?
We recognize the added value that experienced talent brings into our workplace. And we also know that it's not always easy to find the right work opportunity after a career break. That's where UBS Career Comeback comes in – to help make the transition back to work a success.
Are you experienced in in counterparty risk management? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to challenge the status quo?
We're looking for a Head of exposure risk management team to:
– manage the exposure risk management team
– assume responsibilities as model owner for credit risk exposure models used for risk management, setting capital requirements, stress testing and expected loss calculations
– assume responsibilities for the development and the maintenance of the models
– support key regulatory requirements and projects
– engage with internal and external stakeholders at all levels in the organization, including audit and regulators
You'll be working as head of the Exposure Risk Measurement team within the Risk Methodology department London.
We develop and maintain the credit exposure measurement capabilities of the Investment Banking division within the UBS Group. The quantitative methods we use are closely related to sophisticated derivative pricing models.
You will have the opportunity to coordinate and become the main global contact for the improvement of methodologies, processes and parameterization of our credit exposure measures for the banking and trading book. As a client of the Front Office exposure calculation engines, you will also be responsible for ensuring the Risk Control requirements for capturing risk are delivered correctly. Last but not least, as owners of the Risk Exposure models, we also need to ensure the calculations meet the required regulatory standards.
– University degree (MSc or PhD) in finance, mathematics, science or in a numerical discipline
– prior working experience (ideally 10+ years) in the financial services industry, including exposure to derivative pricing models (preferably across a range of asset classes)
– strong analytical skills and the ability to apply techniques from numerical analysis, statistics and financial mathematics to solve practical problems
– experience with model documentation, governance and validation whether from the perspective of model owner, developer or validator
– familiarity with the regulatory framework surrounding counterparty credit risk
– deep leadership experience in managing people
– experience with high-level programming languages (e.g. C#,C++, Python etc.), and knowledge of statistical modeling software (e.g. R, SAS etc.) as well as SQL is desirable
– excellent communication skills with colleagues at all levels in the organization
– self-driven and pro-active in taking new initiatives and carrying them through completions (and you know how to handle challenging situations)
– a great communicator skilled in giving and receiving constructive feedback, and able to explain technical topics clearly and intuitively to a non-technical audience
– fluent in English, both in oral and written form
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.