SDLC Platform Engineer - DevOps
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 Nov 18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB As part of the Core Engineering group, you will be working in a team to uplift our SDLC platforms for all of Goldman Sachs engineering. The SDLC Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining the development tools, controls and processes used by over 9,000 engineers at Goldman Sachs. Your work will allow our engineers to develop products faster, with higher quality, and improved performance. Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. Part of the Goldman Sachs' Core Engineering group's function is to provide best in class language supporting and tooling for our engineering community to facilitate the building, testing and deployment of their products. We strive for our tooling to improve product quality, developer productivity and increased opportunities for collaboration. Modernizing SDLC platforms for Windows and Unix and moving towards Cloud based platforms will have direct benefit for many of the firm's critical systems.
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Ensure SDLC platforms are current, standardized, scalable, available, and resilient
- Systemize, automate, or eliminate recurring tasks and issues
- Ensure runtime environments are correctly configured and modelled in terms of hardware and software topology
- Excel at building strong relationships with other engineers
- Enjoy collaboration and open to adopting new ideas
- Excited to grow your career with us and to lead projects/teams over time
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2-10+ of industry experience
- Prior experience in a Devops, SRE, Infrastructure, or System Admin role and a good understanding of the DevOps landscape, for example: Continuous deployment, deployment pipelines, monitoring solutions
- Prior experience working with Containers (e.g. Docker) and Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting
- Comfortable managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus and influencing outcomes
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Happy to embrace and master new technologies
- Proficient with Linux and/or Windows
- Prior operational experience with GitLab Enterprise Edition
- Prior experience with Kubernetes
- Prior experience with the Prometheus/Grafana monitoring stack
- Prior operational experience with Cloud based technologies, particularly AWS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.