Solution Architect - Financial Services - Digital (Web, Mobile, API / microservices, Domain Driven and Event Driven Architecture.)
This is a contract role - 6 Months initial
Umbrella company required - up to £800 depending on experience
Hybrid - 2 days in office, Canary Wharf
With over 130 years of experience within the financial services, my client are one of the largest custodian banks globally. With close to 20,000 partners, they serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
- Analyzing the technology environment
- Analyzing enterprise and business architecture
- Review, interpret and respond to Business Requirements Specifications as well as the functional and non-functional
- specifications, to ensure alignment between business expectations and current or future IT capability
- Apply architectural principles and concepts to design and document solutions that meet business requirements, considering
- scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, flexibility, availability manageability and re-usability.
- Setting the collaboration framework
- Creating solution prototypes
- Participating in technology selection
- Helping with the recruitment of the delivery team
- Provide guidance on the structure/skills needed in the delivery team
- Work with the solution delivery teams guiding them (present/lead white boarding sessions) to develop the solutions according to
- the defined design.
- Provide guidance and remain actively involved on implementing critical Security patterns in application whether related to Coarse
- Grained Security via ntappsec or similar or fine grained authorization.
- Provide consultancy and guidance to build teams concerning architectural policies and standards.
- Provide hands-on technical guidance and when required.
- Approve major feature pull requests
- Supporting Infrastructure design/installation
- Supporting project management
- Help plan and guide production releases by closely coordinating with the Product Owner and Engineering Lead
At least eight years of work experience in one or more IT areas including but not limited to:
- IT architecture, infrastructure and cloud development
- Engineering and software architecture design Business analysis
- Project and product management
- Understanding of agile and waterfall methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Financial Services experience (essential)
- Understanding of the current regulatory environment and impact to Financial Services,
- Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps
- Java/Object Oriented programming
- Domain Driven Design
- Event Driven Architecture
- Microservice architecture and patterns
- Spring Boot/Cloud/Container technology
- Object Oriented programming
- Relational and NoSQL databases
- Integration technologies
- REST protocols
- 12 Factor Apps
- Working knowledge of SPARX EA Architect
- Knowledge of information security principles and best practices
- Very good knowledge of TOGAF (The open group architecture framework), certification will be a benefits