Our client is an established fintech in the multi-asset trading systems area, and with the launch of new trading products and services they are scaling for further sales growth. With leading investment banks, brokers, asset managers and hedge funds as clients, they are already well positioned and as part of continued expansion plans they're building out their European operation with a Sales Engineer as the lead subject matter expert for the fixed income trading functionality of their solutions.
It’s a critical role working closely with the Sales Executives using your expertise to take fixed income traders through their buyer journey including:
- Building strong relationships with prospects to understand their fixed income trading workflows and where their ‘pain points’ are / what could make their workflows even more efficient.
- Preparation and execution of product presentations ranging from standard demonstrations to prospect type workshops and proof of concepts to meet their needs.
- Efficiently organise internal resources to meet with the needs of the prospect at each stage of the sales process.
- Assist with the preparation and completion of proposal responses (RFP, RFI etc) in partnership with the Sales Executives.
- Provide feedback to product management of any trends or consistent requests from prospects that will drive new product innovation and functionality.
Appropriate applicants will have:
- Strong fixed income trading systems experience gained at either a technology provider, consultancy and/or financial institution. This could have been gained in a consulting, pre-sales, sales engineer, product manager, business analyst or implementation consultant type role.
- The ability assimilate the fixed income trading workflows of prospects, identify pain points which could be overcome and present solutions to clients meeting their needs.
- Intelligent, articulate and confident, and you will possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills as this role has a strong client facing edge.
- The personal motivation and ability to contribute to a dynamic and entrepreneurial team culture.
This company can demonstrate the ability to disrupt the trading systems market and are destined for continued international success. There is also the opportunity to make a significant contribution in the company’s success and growth here in Europe – with which your career will grow as part of an exciting capital markets fintech venture!
Remuneration: High, commensurate with experience to attract top performers.
Keywords: sales engineer, pre-sales consultant, pre-sales engineer, consultant, fintech, electronic trading, trading, low latency trading, algorthmic trading, OMS, EMS, connectivity, ecommerce, equities, equity, fixed income, bonds, derivatives, capital markets, investment banking, fintech.
Since 1999 Excelsior Search has been partnering with financial technology (FinTech), data and research providers to the global capital markets and investment industry. Whilst supporting immense technological change the past two decades, using our deep niche industry and specialist talent acquisition expertise we play a key role in helping our clients build high performing teams across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Creating win-win situations
We work passionately in close partnership with fintech companies to secure for them the very best talent available globally, delivering win-win solutions all round:
✓ The companies we partner with hire proven top performers whom can make a dramatic difference to their business i.e. by providing strong C level leadership, build great products and realise true sales potential.
✓ By only partnering with the best companies in the sector, we add significant value to the careers of the industry professionals placed and hiring executives, enabling top performers to shine and meet their own career goals and earning potential.
Companies we partner with
We recruit for providers of financial technology, market data, investment research and consultancy services. This also includes partnering with private equity & venture capital companies, fintech innovation labs & hubs playing an important role developing the fintech ecosystem.
Roles we fill
C level down and across all company functions; executive management, sales & business development, marketing & communications, client servicing & relationship / account management, systems implementation & consulting, product management, sales engineering, finance, legal & compliance.
Track record of hiring and extensive industry networks in: New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Sao Paulo, London, Paris, Luxembourg, Frankfurt, Vienna, Zurich, Dubai, Cape Town, Sydney, Singapore & Hong Kong.