Sales Support Representative
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Planet Payment
- 09 Nov 18
We are looking for an intelligent, self-starter to join our sales support team. The team are responsible for supporting our team of Account Managers as well as dealing with queries from our retail clients and payments partners.
The candidate would either be a graduate or a candidate with strong A Level (or equivalent) results who has already gained work experience either in a sales support or customer service function.
The individual will need to be able to demonstrate drive, curiosity, an ability to work from their own initiative and an attention to detail. An interest in luxury retail and desire to provide an outstanding level of service is a must.
The Sales Support Representative will provide a full sales support service to a nominated Key Account Team. This individual will liaise directly with the UK Management Team, Account Managers, Finance and Operations as well as liaising directly with our Retailer's and Strategic Partners.
It is essential that the individual provides a consistent high-level of service in line with our company policies and procedures reflecting our corporate values and behaviors.
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world's leading Tax Free Shopping ('TFS'), Dynamic Currency Conversion ('DCC'), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.
KEY RESULT AREA (KRA'S)
- Sales Packs: Following regular phone calls to defined Retailers assessing their stock requirements follow up by prepare the necessary sales material and arrange dispatch within the defined Service Level timeframes.
- New store start-ups: Alongside the sales team assist in all aspects of the new store start- up process. This will involve processing new store setup requests through the agreed setup procedure and dispatching within the defined Service Level timeframes. This will also involve follow up calls to defined retailers/ Internal accounts to provide training with the retail staff around the operational of the refund solution and the rules and regulations of the Retail Export Scheme.
- POS Equipment & Training: Prepare the setup and for delivery of the PTF Solo POS machines for defined Retailers. As part of the review of Defined Accounts the SSR will also be tasked with ensuring the full operation of other integrated systems and reporting back on issues raised to the Sales Director. Undertake telephone training of these solution as required by the Internal accounts and as requested by the Sales Director.
- Government / Competitor Forms: Where a tourist has completed a Government issued VAT refund form, if these forms arrive at the UK office, the forms must be sorted and called upon the advice of the SD. The same process need to happen with competitors form. This specific tele sales aspect of the role requires an understanding of the PTF service, selling the benefits to the retailer and then ensuring the sale is completed with the Retailer.
- Unmanaged Accounts: Be the central point of contact for all sales related questions from Retailer's. If the call requires a follow up this must be done within the agreed times (24hrs) to ensure that a full and qualitative customer service is given at all times. Additionally, on a schedules basis, undertake telesales call to defined unmanaged accounts.
- Sales reports: Act as the central point in relation to manipulating data and preparing statistical reports for defined reporting using the internal data systems. This will require strong Excel skills.
- Ad-Hoc projects and analysis as required
- Liaise regularly with Sales Director and other relevant local stakeholders to ensure full compliance as the levels are dynamic as the business grows.
- Performance Management: Adhere to the Company's Performance Management Process and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures and Company Values at all times.
- Provide cover for Merchant Support role - The primary focus of the role will be handling the merchant registration process in line with group policies.
- Provide cover and additional help to the merchant services team during peak periods.
- Conduct store visits prior to peak periods to ensure all hardware and materials have been fully provisioned and deal with any retailer queries
- Support preparation of marketing presentations for New Business targets as well as periodic reviews for our key accounts
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in a sales administration environment
- Previous retailing and/or telesales selling experience
- Proven interpersonal skills, ideally in a similar fast moving sales environment
- Proven team working skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and preferably a working knowledge of other languages
- Proven organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Windows, PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills, which are a key requirement and may be tested at interview stage.
- Willing and capable to take on responsibility. Must be able to make decisions.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to deliver process and equipment training
- Ability to work in a fast paced working environment and quickly build positive working relationships across the UK and where needed internationally
- Proven time management skills with the ability to prioritise and deliver to tight deadlines
- Proven initiative and common sense
- Ability to travel to retailer sites across the UK