Sales Technology - Data Intelligence - Software Engineer
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Goldman Sachs International
- 22 Mär 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 08 March 2019
Application Closing Date: 04 April 2019
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
We are responsible for building and enhancing the systems and processes that support Goldman Sachs' sales teams within Securities Division. We support over 2,000 Sales people covering more than 12,000 different Clients across all business lines around the world. Our platform is a modern web stack built on RESTful services, big data technologies and dynamic compute - using a variety of open-source, commercial, and proprietary technologies. We have several applications that make this happen:
- Contact Relationship Management - capturing and understanding client interactions, gathering client feedback
- Research distribution and readership monitoring
- Sales initiative tracking and analytics tools
- Modelling Client, Client Contact and Sales Coverage across the firm
The last of these is a significant data and system re-engineering project for the team and the firm - we are looking for people to make this a success.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Design and develop new functionality within existing Sales applications.
- Work with end-users to translate business requirements into functional and technical specifications.
- Manage application changes through the full development lifecycle across a wide range of technologies, including Java, C#, React.
- Provide 3rd line support on a rota basis.
- Use your strong development skills in the design and development of technical offerings to support the end-to-end delivery of appropriate solutions.
- Interface with application and development community to analyse and resolve escalations.
- Continually evaluate the operation of the environment to assist in optimising and automating through the use of technology.
- Provide technical guidance on established infrastructure best practices to IT community and business.
- Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree, equivalent or above in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline required
- Prior work experience gained from working within investment banking/financial services/fintech industries required
- Significant hands on development experience Java, full stack with exposure to the full software development lifecycle required
- Familiarity with OO programming concepts, design patterns and other software development best practices
- Experience with documentation, requirement gathering/analysis, performance analysis, application design, implementation, data and incident management, testing and support required
- Demonstrable involvement with continuous improvement/automation initiatives required
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms required
- Familiarity with message queues, SQL/MySQL, REST/RESTful services, XML, JUnit required
- Relational database experience with Sybase required
- Knowledge of UDB and/or ORM frameworks
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong team player, required to work extensively with other teams both locally and globally
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong work ethic, a sense of ownership and urgency
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.