Scrum Master & Business Analyst – Exciting City Trading Fintech
- High, commensurate with experience + equity
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Excelsior Search
- 12 Feb 19
Exciting career opportunity for exceptionally talented Scrum Master, with an exciting high growth disruptive FinTech firm for the financial markets scaling for massive growth. Key guiding role as their resident Scrum Master to help ensure the right environment and practices for an efficient engineering team, whilst also using your creative business analysis skills for product builds.
This exciting FinTech company specialises in high performance trading systems for the financial markets, and they’re currently developing their next generation of artificial intelligence applications for traders to use. Very innovative and dynamic international FinTech firm, expanding their software engineering team in the City of London to build out their trading solutions over the next few years.
This person will be a key member of a newly formed team of IT Engineers and be comfortable wearing many hats, including part Scrum Master (70%), part Business Analyst (30%). With your passion, creativity and resourcefulness to improve process and tackle complex IT challenges, you’ll guide the company on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values, and on how to get the most out of self-organisation in order to fill in the intentional gaps left in Agile frameworks. You’ll also assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation, coach the team to higher levels of maturity, whilst removing impediments and guiding the team to remove impediments and building a trusting and safe product engineering environment facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution. The part Business Analyst in you, will as you’d expect be responsible for facilitating requirements-gathering workshops, gathering, analysing and documenting detailed business and function requirements, translating the requirements to ensure they are understood by engineering stakeholders, and tracing requirements throughout the project lifecycle. A great role with impact and a company with which your career will grow.
Appropriate applicants will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Proven experience working in highly technical, user focused, fast-paced environments
- Proven skills in business requirements gathering
- Experience with Kanban
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing etc.
- It is certainly not a pre-requisite but any financial markets experience (in particular trading / trading lifecycle / MiFID II compliance) could be beneficial.
- Proactive and wanting to contribute to a growing FinTech operation.
This really is a first class opportunity for a Scrum Master to develop a career in the exciting and high value FinTech sector working with smart like-minded people, building next generation high performance trading applications for the financial markets.
Remuneration: High, commensurate with experience + equity
Keywords: Scrum Master, Business Analyst, Kanban, software engineering, software development, trading, financial markets, traders, artificial intelligence, city of London, FinTech, investment bank, exchange, equities, derivatives.