Securities, Quantitative Trading Team, VP, London
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Jan 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB SECURITIES
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
We're looking for a professional to join our commodities "quantitative trading (QuantD)" strats team, to help us develop next generation trading strategies utilizing modern mathematical and computer science techniques.
Commodities QuantD strats use their quantitative and scientific training, as well as experience in the commodities markets, to develop quantitative strategies to take and manage risk and commit the firm's capital on our various trading desks, in collaboration with our trading teams. We also build scalable software infrastructure to aid in the development and implementation of such strategies and analytics.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will work in a small team of traders, quants and developers on developing new and maintaining existing commodities trading strategies.
- Some projects may involve data science because large datasets are available providing useful insights on most commodities markets.
- You will work on cutting edge computer science techniques and tools, using modern software development techniques and tools/languages.
- You will work on sophisticated mathematical models and trading strategies.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- MS or PhD degree in a quantitative field: Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or Engineering.
- Strong programming skills and strong knowledge of Linux-based deployments
- 4 or more years of experience in finance or a cutting edge technology company
- Strong expertise in all three of these areas:
- Commodities markets and the development of quantitative trading strategies in these markets
- Software development in trading or front office role, in particular experience with Python, with knowledge of Java and C/C++
- Time series analysis / statistics / machine learning
- Prior experience in commodities at another bank or hedge fund.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.