Senior Associate, Leveraged Syndicated Finance
Leveraged Syndicated Finance is a core business within the Bank of Ireland Group, and works very closely with Global Acquisition Finance origination offices in London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stamford and Chicago.
Bank of Ireland’s Corporate & Treasury (C&T) incorporates all the Group’s Corporate Banking, Treasury, Specialised Acquisition & Leveraged Finance, and large transaction property lending, across the Republic of Ireland, UK and international jurisdictions. C&T enjoys market leading positions across many of its key markets including Corporate Banking, Commercial Property, Foreign Direct Investment, Treasury and Corporate Finance. We are Ireland`s No. 1 Corporate Bank & leading Treasury provider. Many of Ireland`s leading companies and over 70% of international companies setting up in Ireland have chosen to work with us. We work closely with our customers to capitalise on their strengths and realise opportunities so they can grow and expand successfully. Bank of Ireland Corporate & Treasury has offices in eight locations worldwide - Dublin, Belfast, London, Bristol, Paris, Frankfurt, Chicago and Stamford, Connecticut.
Bank of Ireland has one of the leading mid-market leveraged finance arranger franchises in Europe and in addition has a substantial leveraged loan book with assets sourced through its arranging activities across the UK, European and the US leveraged loan markets. With a focus on European LBO transactions, the London-based Leveraged Syndicated Finance team’s mandate is to support the origination of leveraged finance deals and to structure, underwrite and successfully syndicate the debt facilities supporting such deals for the Bank`s key private equity clients. The team is also responsible for the development and maintenance of LBO debt investor relationships.
We are now looking to strengthen the London-based Syndicated Finance team with a Senior Associate.
As a Senior Associate, you will be involved in all stages of the syndication process, including:
- Analysis of underlying credit risk, review of due diligence, assessment of financial models;
- Assessment of prevailing debt market conditions and market liquidity;
- Review of term sheets and commitment documentation to ensure terms are in line with market;
- Assist with formulating syndication strategy;
- Prepare internal underwriting memoranda reflecting conclusions and recommendations deals;
- Assist in the preparation of marketing information prior to launch of syndication;
- Work to achieve sell-down targets on underwritings;
- Proactive networking and development of strong working relationships externally with banks, institutional investors and other buyers of LBO debt;
- Representing the Bank at customer and advisor meetings.
Essential Key Requirements
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 4 years + post-graduate finance / banking / credit experience preferably in a Syndicated Finance or Leveraged Finance context
- Exposure to / experience of credit processes
- Knowledge of accounting and interpretation of accounts
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Credit risk evaluation and analytical skills
- Strong MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience working within a team to tight and demanding deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desirable key requirements
- Excellent IT skills: Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Ability to develop an aptitude to take decisions and manage underwriting risk;
- Appetite to network and build a contact base
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.