Senior Business Analyst, ACE
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.92 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are looking to add to our Automated Compliance Environment (ACE), Technology team and hire a Senior Business Analyst in our London office. The successful candidate will be energetic, motivated and hands-on in overseeing our ACE and Straight-Through-Processing (STP) applications used to supervise legal and regulatory investment.
Our team is responsible for coordinating all stages of the application development process, including analysing and documenting complex business and system technical requirements, designing and implementing comprehensive test plans and providing accurate and timely production support to users globally. Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison between various business units and developers delivering new software.
- Write technical specifications for complex business needs.
- Solve real time issues within our production environment.
- Work with developers in the testing phase ensuring quality of code; volume testing, script testing as well as testing designed specifically for new software.
- Test new code by simulating the business process in testing environments.
- Provide solutions using supported software as well as making enhancement recommendations.
- Identify root source of the data questioned by investigating the calculation of financial data and other inputs to rule evaluation.
- Validate supporting information using UNIX and SQL.
- Develop and run queries in SQL to satisfy ad hoc data needs by business users and conduct data analysis including but not limited to regression analysis.
- Minimum of 3 years of business analysis experience in an investment banking environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of fixed income products and strategies, including derivatives.
- Knowledge of SQL (preferably Oracle).
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with aggressive deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience in compliance operations preferred.
- Experience with UNIX, .NET, JAVA, C++ preferred.
- Experience with Bloomberg preferred.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office