Wise is looking for a senior compliance manager to join its growing Compliance oversight team. This role will be working alongside the MLRO, DMLRO and a small but highly effective team in second line compliance. In this role you will be responsible for assisting in the effective mitigation of financial crime risks through the maintenance of adequate systems and controls. DUTIES
- Supervision of our appropriate measures to ensure that Financial crime risks are taken into account in our day-to-day operation.
- Support in the development and maintenance of the compliance FinCrime oversight framework.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly compliance reports to the board of directors of Wise Ltd
- Provide adequate challenge to first line teams on the development of controls and provide approvals on any control changes , new products or features
- Represent compliance oversight both internally and externally to regulators, auditors and partners as required showcasing Wise strong oversight compliance framework
- Maintaining up to date fincrime policy framework in collaboration with other team members
- Collaborating with product compliance control teams to ensure that there is strong oversight of all compliance operations including AML, Fraud, Sanctions, KYC/CDD and EDD
- Horizon scanning of new FinCrime regulatory developments and maintaining oversight of implementation of such development which impact business activities
- Proactively identify key areas of risk and work collaboratively with first line teams to in the development of mitigation plans
What we offer in return:
- Theory. You are an expert in AML/CTF compliance and may be currently working or have worked within the area of financial crime compliance preferably in a fast paced environment.
- Practice . You have demonstrable experience designing and challenging processes, ideally across multiple products. You have thought deeply about the TransferWise mission and how it intersects with compliance.
- Passion. You get a kick out of improving current practices and processes and can apply different compliance strategies to develop compliance frameworks.
- Communication. You are a comfortable and effective communicator in both your writing and speaking. You can convey complex ideas effectively to both internal and external audiences.
- Get the job done . You have a sense of urgency and an ability to work well under pressure, prioritising, taking responsibility and working to tight deadlines.
- Detail . You have meticulous attention to detail and if you've skimmed through without reading this bullet point, I'm sure a bank would love to have you.
- Team player . You have great people skills and can effectively and efficiently collaborate, build relationships with colleagues throughout the business and across the globe
- Travel. You must be willing to travel to our other offices as required
We're people without borders - without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in. Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you've got great experience, the right skills for the role and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you. LI-JB1
- Competitive base salary up to 105,000 + RSUs
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs .
Keep up to date with life at Wise by following us on LinkedIn and Instagram .