- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- IHS Markit
- 11 Dez 18
Senior Consultant - Fixed Term Contract
IHS Markit (IHSM) seeks candidates to join its Regulatory Consulting Group, which primarily serves the energy sector. In the first instance, the work will involve providing clients with the tools to manage compliance throughout the life-cycle of an energy investment. This work will involve the identification of applicable legislation in the target jurisdiction, managing the translation of applicable laws, legal analysis to identify key requirements, database population and management and responding to client requests and questions. In addition, this role will involve contract management responsibilities including invoicing, liaison with suppliers, and contract renewal. Where needed the role could include participation in regulatory projects primarily supporting the team in the legal research.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain general knowledge of the regulatory environment of the energy sector for interaction with peers and clients.
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of the basic IHSM regulatory databases and tools. Be able to manipulate database or extract information to satisfy unique single client requests.
- Development and maintenance of compliance management systems for energy industry sector clients: collation of applicable legislation and standards; management of translation process; legal analysis and identification of requirements; regulatory system maintenance, training and support.
- Actively pursue and develop unique analytical approaches that provide value to IHSM' clients and/or potential clients.
- Prepare written reports or presentations following IHSM standards. Be capable of summarizing project information for clear presentation of results and conclusions to clients. Provide interface with client if necessary in the presentation of the final results.
- Project management responsibilities require that the consultant manage the analysis and report generation required to satisfy single client projects.
- Carry out legal research to support IHSM regulatory consulting projects
- Bachelors Degree in Law, LLM.
- Energy specialization preferred
- Two to five (2-5) years' of work experience (preferably in the energy sector).
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional Suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate personable interface at multiple levels within a client's organization and with IHSM consultants internationally.
- Excellent analytical skills to support requirements of projects he/she supports.
- Ability to cooperatively work across the organization at multiple levels to efficiently and effectively utilize the resources and knowledge base available in a team approach.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (multi-lingual preferred, English is fluent).
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent legal research skills.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.