What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Goldman Sachs has launched an initiative to address regulatory and operation risk in the front office by building superior technology and delivering high quality products. This vision is a multi-year investment in people, platforms and products. Join the team, and participate in the development and launch of best in class products for managing operational and regulatory risks. We are looking for eager, nimble and ambitious engineers to join our growing team of visionaries, and drive Goldman Sachs Engineering to achieve and exceed our goals. Your Impact
As a member of the team, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology and the markets, with individuals who thrive in a fast-paced changing environment. The team takes a data driven approach to decision making and you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading risks for systems and strategies used by our clients . Senior Core Java Engineer - Front Office Control Engineering
Controls engineering is responsible for building the next generation firm-wide control plane for our front office desks. The successful candidate will use their deep technical skills to inform the implementation of a highly scalable message driven architecture, processing ~3bn messages per day and making 'safe to trade' determinations in real time. The role will also involve building out web applications that allow users to register, develop and administer controls on the platform
- Lead the technical design and architecture of the new platform
- Take ownership of the delivery for work items and manage a group of developers
- Implement high performance code using core Java and open source libraries
- Assist in the containerization of the platform and it's migration to public cloud
- Mentor and develop junior team members
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding and / or systems engineering
- At least 5 years' experience in core Java
- Experience of message driven/streaming architectures
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership
- Solving problems from first principles
- Outstanding verbal and written communications, a natural ability to learn in a fast-paced environment, and will be a self-starter with plenty of initiative.
- Experience of Spring Boot
- Experience of containerizing applications
- Kakfa streams/flink experience