- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Aviva Investors
- 14 Sep 18
Senior Finance Manager - Revenue Team
Senior Finance Manager - Revenue Team - Global Finance - London
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the end to end revenue and billing process ensuring timely and accurate revenue calculations and billing thereby facilitiating accurate financial reporting and management information. This enables the Executive to assess the business success in delivering the strategy and prevents reputational damage from inaccurate billing or reporting. Either directly or indirectly (through our client relationship managers), you will support the delivery of the end to end customer/client journey thereby helping to protect and grow the customer base.
You will be striving for "right first time", zero error, and highly controlled billing processes allowing client interaction to be focused on demonstrating how we can provide solutions to their current and future requirements, rather than issue resolution.
- Managing the Revenue Team in the delivery of actual monthly revenues, including the monthly accruals and billing.
- Coordinating inputs to the revenue system ensuring static data such as fee rates are kept up to date and reconciled back to client IMAs on a periodic basis.
- Supporting wider Finance teams to understand variance to plan/budget/forecast.
- Overseeing the resolution of issues identified by the Revenue team which require escalation/remedial action. Ensure these actions are followed through and completed in a timely manner.
- Reviewing Performance fees with full understanding of the complex modelling that underpins the calculation.
- Co-ordination with our internal clients for the purpose of accruals and billing and respond to ad-hoc revenue related queries as required. Effectively manage escalations from the business minimising detrement to the client.
- Co-ordination with client relationship managers to facilitate accurate revenue recognition and timely fee billing for external clients. Effectively manage escalations from the business minimising detrement to the client.
- Provide assistance for the "core" Finance teams, including the business partnering team and FP&A team to assist in the understanding of the revenue streams. Work closely with these teams to provide necessary input into their cycles (forecasting, planning, desk profitability reviews etc.).
- Co-ordination with international Finance teams to obtain global sign-off of intrafee revenue shares.
- Provide support to international Finance teams on all aspects of Revenue as a global expert.
- Review and improve revenue and billing MI prepared by the team in order to provide insight to management and inform the wider business of core revenue KPIs and KRIs.
- Help to embed relevant financial disciplines and best practise across the business including the identification and implementation of relevant financial controls.
- Oversight of the offshore revenue and billing support team
- Experience of leading a team
- Experience of defining and implementing solutions to client requirements
- Excellent networking and communication skills, enabling the role holder to engage across the business, analyse information, and to establish & maintain effective relationships
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand the drivers of revenue and challenge variances on complex revenue streams.
- Ability to challenge existing processes and manage a team to implement innovative solutions
- Experience presenting financial information to senior stakeholders.
- Tenacious attitude, demonstrating a strong desire to follow issues through to resolution
- Knowledge of planning, budgeting & forecasting techniques & principles
- Experience in either Financial or Management accounting desirable
- Previous experience within the asset management or financial services industries is preferable
- Knowledge of Revport Revenue Management and Fee Billing Calculation System desirable
- Qualified Accountant or equivalent (ACA, ACCA or CIMA preferred)
We are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent and innovative solutions are based entirely around our clients' needs, not ours. Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with expertise in real estate, fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investments. We are proud to stand out in our field as our intelligent solutions are based around our clients' objectives, not ours.
Inclusion and diversity
We are a global organisation with thousands of employees and customers from different cultures. We've built our approach to inclusion and diversity on the principles of respect, valuing differences and inclusion. One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life.
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.