With a collegiate, supportive, diverse and inclusive culture this company is well known in the private equity space with a high performing finance team and a rare opportunity to join the business in a senior leadership role.
This newly created Director role will take responsibility for all fund reporting and operations for two complex funds, investing in growth capital opportunities across Europe and North America. Reporting into the head of funds finance and with plenty of day to day contact with the CFO, COO and other influential individuals, this is a superb opportunity for an experienced funds finance professional to move to an industry leader in a career defining role.
High level responsibilities:
- Responsibility for all fund level reporting and operating, including all co-investment and carry schemes in a heavily outsourced environment. This will include all investor reporting, cash management, maintenance of fund models and carry waterfall calculations as well as ad hoc financial support to IR and the investment teams.
- Support the wider tax, legal and finance team in new fund and carry structuring; forecasting of existing schemes.
- High level portfolio monitoring and assisting with the valuations process.
- General involvement in broader finance matters, including MI and reporting to the Board and/or Partners and involvement in ad hoc project work such as new fund raises and bank financing processes.
- Champion of best practice with the opportunity to improve what’s currently in place and drive new initiatives across the wider finance team.
- Direct day to day management of 2 qualified accountants.
- Qualified accountant - ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent - with experience in a senior fund controller, financial controller, finance manager or fund accounting role in an alternatives house or third party administrator.
- Experience of closed end fund structures gained in a private equity, venture capital, private debt, credit, infra or real estate fund; great opportunity to move asset class if you're keen to get into a brand name PE manager.
- Highly driven and motivated individual, with the ambition to drive change and impact the business.
- Excellent organisational skills; the role requires the individual to be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously across a variety of products and work streams.
- Highly personable, with the ability to influence and create relationships across the globe. The role will have significant and regular exposure to the Investment Committee and senior members of the investment and operations teams.
Flexible working available for all employees: 3 days in the office with 2 optional days to work remotely.