The Global Treasury and Payments Advisor will work with Fintech clients and prospects of Silicon Valley Bank in the UK and Europe to provide and support the full range of payment and cash management solutions.
Engage with the cutting-edge innovation businesses and investors that are changing the world. Build a career with purpose. If you’re looking for a company that values your ambition and passion — and your health and happiness outside of work — you’re in the right place.
For more than 35 years, Silicon Valley Bank has helped innovators, enterprises and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. Today, we provide a wide range of banking and financing services to businesses of all sizes in innovation centres around the world. SVB Financial Group, the parent company of Silicon Valley Bank, has had a presence in the UK since 2004. The bank is committed to supporting disruptive technology and life science businesses within the UK’s vibrant innovation sector, including Made.com, IMImobile, The Hut Group and Trustpilot.
SVB Financial Group has over 3500 employees in 15 US states, over $50 billion in assets, and serves entrepreneurs around the world through its offices in the United States and international operations in the UK, Germany, Ireland, Denmark, Israel and China.
SVB has built a culture based on five core values: We start with empathy for others, We speak and act with integrity, We embrace diverse perspectives, We take responsibility, We keep learning and improving. Both internally and with our clients, we value professionalism and emphasise its importance in communication, responsiveness and approach. We believe a truly high-performance environment comes from having a diverse employee base and an inclusive culture that encourages people to feel as though they can do their best work every day.
SVB’s singular focus on technology and life science businesses and the venture capital and private equity firms that serve them, the breadth of the services it provides to its clients, its global growth strategy, and its core values create a unique and satisfying environment for members of the team.
The Global Treasury and Payments Advisor will work with Fintech clients and prospects of Silicon Valley Bank in the UK and Europe to provide and support the full range of payment and cash management solutions. You will work closely with SVB Relationship Managers, Client Advisory Services, Business Implementation and Product Management to develop a robust sales pipeline working clients’ Finance, Treasury or Operations teams. This role will also work across other client sets to help facilitate enhanced payments discussions and promote partnership integrations alongside other relationship teams across the business. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiate activities to identify, review and evaluate fintech client needs and requirements against Silicon Valley Bank’s capabilities and value proposition focusing on payments, deposits, online banking, global integration, corporate cards, and merchant services.
- Delivering a full range of treasury management and payments products to rapidly growing clients within our UK and EMEA market.
- Works closely with Relationship Managers and related product groups to determine needs and to insure continuous product penetration and customer satisfaction.
- Achieve new cash management sales targets and grow relationships within the existing portfolio. Develop and maintain close working relationships with clients through regular visits, telephone contact and appropriate hospitality.
- Gather and share market intelligence regarding competitive providers and conduct strategic client and market planning.
- Help provide training to UK branch staff on market and industry initiatives and a comprehensive coverage of Silicon Valley Bank’s UK global treasury and payments offering.
- Maintain accurate reporting systems, provide commentary and regular updates to Senior Management on progress towards objectives.
- Contribute to strategy development, product design and delivery, pricing, sales processes, customer literature and correspondence, financial promotions and administration related to the Global Treasury Sales Assess operational risks and adhere to internal controls and compliance procedures.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Extensive experience gained in the provision of domestic and global cash management solutions with the ability to discuss and offer strategic solution advice.
- In-depth expertise working with Fintechs around client monies and payments integrations.
- Knowledge of UK, US and Global payments and services.
- Highly developed relationship skills and a strong client focus.
- Industry knowledge & understanding of market dynamics on a global, regional and local basis.
- Ability to network both internally and externally to enable the delivery of creative solutions to client’s needs.
- Strong commercial awareness, business development and negotiation skills.
- A multicultural empathy will be desirable as many customers will operate across both the Global marketplace at both parental and subsidiary level.
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- An interest in the technology sector and the venture capital / private equity industries.