Our Client, a leading pensions company, currently has an opportunity for a Senior Investment Analyst to join their highly regarded Investment team. The role will support the Head of Investment Research and Due Diligence in the implementation of external manager research and monitor activities across a complex portfolio, with strategies across listed and private markets. Key responsibilities will include:
Role & Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Head of IDD, support/lead the monitoring of existing investments and selection due diligence on new investments in line with company policies. This will include close collaboration with the relevant asset class specialists
- Produce relevant quantitative analysis to supplement the qualitative due diligence process across existing and new investments.
- Ensure monitoring and new investment due diligence processes are followed, including the recording of relevant documentation. Internal processes will continue to be enhanced over time and you will support these ongoing evolutions in processes, systems, and tools
- Deliver clear, accurate and logical written reports as part of documenting the various elements of the company’s IDD process. You will need to support/lead structured interactions (including face to face) with third-party managers and other counterparties on a regular basis.
- Build strong relations and liaise effectively with a range of internal teams including responsible investment, operational due diligence, risk, legal and others to execute company IDD processes and ensure compliance with other internal policies.
Background & Experience
- Degree level educated preferably gained within a finance, economics or mathematics related discipline. MBA, CFA or equivalent professional accreditation is an advantage
- Significant (at least 5+ years) experience of fund/manager research at an investment house. Experience in evaluating and monitoring third party managers via both desk-based research and face to face interactions,
- Strong working knowledge of investment strategies, capital markets and relevant fund manager universes. Experience across a range of asset classes/strategies, liquid and illiquid is an advantage
- Proactive mindset with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, detail orientation, problem solver, ability to synthesise data to make relevant and logical inferences. Familiarity with systems such as eVestment etc. a plus
- Structured and process driven with excellent organisation skills. Ability to prioritise, manage expectations and deliver on time
- Team player with ability to engage productively both within and outside immediate team to produce results
- Intellectually curious, desire to grow and develop knowledge across asset classes and strategies
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.