An Global Oil major is looking for an experienced Senior Market Risk Analyst to join their team. You will be playing a key role in the development of the middle office function.
Key responsibilities of the Risk analyst position:
- Reporting of both physical and financial positions with a specific focus on the Risk framework.
- Monitoring of P&L and market exposure for all physical books and derivatives.
- Working to maintain Risk metrics- eg. VaR and Stress testing.
- Responsible for supporting front office desks in their reaction to market risks and development of new products.
- Develop methodologies and tools for the calculation of risk measures throughout EGEM to monitor the cash usage of Front office.
- Stress, Analysis and calculation of stress on an aggregate level as well as specific strategy level
Key requirements of the Risk analyst position:
- Exposure to market risk within an Oil or Gas company.
- A sound knowledge of VBA and object orient programming.
- Experience of risk metrics such a VaR, Stress testing and Scenario Analysis.
- Understanding of commodity options on physical assets including storage, swing, optimisation, optionality in physical oil terms.
- Good Knowledge of the market risk/ product control role from trading companies or banks.
- Willing to be based in London.