Senior Programme Manager (Change / Transformation) - Technology / IT
Job Description: Senior Programme Manager (Change / Transformation) - Technology / IT
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you're encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognise that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, are critical to success.
It's important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table - so we'd love to know what makes you special. About Capco
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the Financial Services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry. We are/have:
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in Financial Services offerings, including Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking, Payments, etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
The Programme Manager is responsible for successful delivery of large complex client programmes or recovery of troubled existing Programmes. Such Programmes include technology transformation, technology assurance, service transformation and transition.
Fitting that description, you will also need to be supremely personally motivated to work in a team where clients are our partners and become colleagues too.
Professional experience is important, but it's paramount that you share our belief in disruptive innovation and putting clients ahead in a highly competitive and dynamic market. From day one, a key skill you will need to demonstrate is the ability to conceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients a competitive advantage. Skills & Expertise
You will need to have many of the following skills and experience:
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
- Deep technology background with early career hands-on technical experience e.g. software developer, systems engineer, database administrator
- Demonstrable experience of leading large teams of 50+ people in a geographically diverse environment, with budgets of £10m+
- Planning and designing large scale Programmes. Actively monitoring progress, intervention at a senior stakeholder level for issue resolution and remedial actions as appropriate
- Defining and prioritising a strategic "book of work" in an annual investment planning cycle, and / or managing a portfolio investment governance process
- Quality assurance and overall integrity of the programme/Programme - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the Programme; and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces / dependencies with other programmes and corporate technical and specialist standards
- Ensuring that the delivery of new products or services from the Programmes are to the appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the Programme plan and Programme governance arrangements
- Working effectively with third party suppliers and strong Vendor Relationship Management, by building good relationships and controlling them to deliver and take ownership of their issues
- Change Management Methodology - proven delivery experience working in a project environment with different methodologies (including Agile / Scaled Agile / Waterfall)
- Turning dysfunctional delivery teams in to high-performing teams , driving client satisfaction while looking after our people
- Business Development: experience of growing a business unit within the technology industry; or Business Development within a consultancy. Developing knowledge, opportunities and offerings that we can take to challenge our clients
- Robust understanding of the design process and delivery framework to implement new tech solutions into complex business infrastructure, including understanding of Cloud architectures (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud and other competitor offerings)
You will work on engaging, demanding and rewarding projects with some of the largest Financial Services clients in the world, on projects that will transform our industry. We offer:
- A work culture focused on challenge and innovation, creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A simple organisation structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture.