Senior Relationship Manager - Corporate Banking
- £££Excellent base plus bonus
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Westbourne Partners
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
The incumbent will be primarily responsible for managing on a day-to-day basis a portfolio of existing and potential Senior / large Corporate customers to meet assigned financial targets of assigned country location. Ideal candidate should possess relevant UK Corporate Banking relationship management experience built on sound credit background, typically with a minimum 8 years’ experience at a large Corporate Bank and had some oversight of Real Estate deals.
Position: Senior Relationship Manager
Entity: Corporate Banking
Location: Mayfair, London
About us: We are the Corporate Banking division of a global Financial Services firm with operations across EMEA and APAC.
The incumbent will be primarily responsible for managing on a day-to-day basis a portfolio of existing and potential Senior / large Corporate customers to meet assigned financial targets of assigned country location.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Play a major role in the implementation of the strategies and plan to achieve all set volume, revenue and profit targets for the Corporate Banking function within the assigned country location and in accordance with our overall corporate budget and strategy.
- Come up consistently with business ideas to help boost revenues
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the purpose of performance monitoring and quality measurement of the Corporate Banking Unit and monitor their achievements on periodic basis.
- Develop and manage on a day-to-day basis potential corporate customers and assigned portfolio of existing customers to meet assigned financial and non-financial targets in compliance with established credit policies, procedures and standards.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with all related functions / units to achieve assigned goals / objectives.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Relationship Manager (RM) and Assistant Relationship Manager (ARM). Ensure appropriate direction of work and duties and that RM and ARM has relevant training and support.
- Responsible for business development and origination as well as credit recommendations in favour of selected local and regional corporations
- Provide timely and accurate information to the Head of Corporate & Institutional Banking and head office regarding credit and compliance issues in local and regional markets
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors when required.
- Prepare comprehensive credit proposals for new/prospect customers that adequately address all relevant risk factors and satisfy minimum acceptable standards of CPM.
- At least one month before expiry, prepare comprehensive credit review for existing portfolio's that adequately address all relevant and current risk factors and the latest developments in the industry, market and business.
- Stress and document periodic calling on customers to capture ongoing businesses and encourage reliance on Group.
- Stress account management to enhance utilization of lines.
- Restrict excess/ casual facilities and maintain the relationship within the approved boundaries.
- Identify and timely report on all negative events and early signals on potential problematic accounts/ relationships.
- Obtain all requisite facility and account documentation to ensure each customer's file is current with valid legal documentation to secure/ protect the bank's interests.
- Identify opportunities and resolve problems with customer relationships and coordinate appropriate measures with concerned departments to ensure consistent, timely and accurate delivery of products and services to assigned CB customers.
- Coordinate with line departments and counterparts to communicate, discuss and resolve-problems in a teamwork fashion.
- Possess sound knowledge of our credit policies, procedures and standards.
- Identify areas for professional self-development, and act to enhance professional self-development
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
- All other ad hoc duties and/or activities related to Group that management may request of the employee from time to time
- University graduate or Masters, preferably in Finance.
- Ideal candidate should possess relevant UK Corporate Banking relationship management experience built on sound credit background, typically with a minimum 8 years’ experience at a large Corporate Bank and had some oversight of Real Estate deals.
- Solid relationships with UK Corporates.
- Good knowledge of the banking and commercial environment in the UK
- Ability to solve problems and adopt a hands-on role to meet financial targets.
- Computer literate able to compose own correspondences/ reports using bank standard applications.
- Good oral and written communication skills.