Senior Research Analyst I
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- IHS Markit
- 16 Nov 18
Senior Research Analyst I
Senior Analyst I
The primary responsibility of the Sr. Analyst I is to develop relevant experience and knowledge under the mentoring and guidance of a Senior person to eventually be able to market himself/herself as an expert of a particular chemical product chain. Analysts act to support and develop the economic and other modelling capabilities on which the chemical industry expertise and insight offered by IHS to clients is built. Analysts will have a client facing role, not only in addressing issues but increasingly to make presentations and discuss chemical chains. As such, they play an integral role in every aspect of the relationship with client companies. This can occasionally include resolving service accessibility issues, product support, client billing and collection.
General Job Duties:
- Market products and services via direct and indirect client contact.
- Perform presentations for clients both in our offices and onsite.
- Market Report and Annual Analysis Responsibilities.
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of the basic databases and tools for responsible products, (Supply/Demand, Global Pricing System, Capacity Data Base and Trade Grids).
- Econometrics - Maintenance and modifications for product specific models
- Supply/Demand - Maintain, update, and balance long forms up through entire product chains, short forms and quarterlies as needed
- CAPS - Maintain product capacities based on market intelligence
- Actively pursue and develop unique analytical approaches that provide value to clients and/or potential clients.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of state-of-the-art industry processes for specific product chain.
- Involvement with long-term projects related to responsible products such as cost studies, etc
Specific Job Duties:
EMRA, EMRAD, AMR and NFFR Support
- Write and proof text for Weekly and Monthly reports.
- Ensure charts and price files are up to date for NFFR, AMR, EMRAD and EMRA.
- Update Price/Supply/Demand/Forecast sections for reports
- Update / create meaningful charts for reports
- Answer European industry and client questions about data and services.
- Discover prices through industry contacts; maintain price forecasts both short and long term
- Update Supply Demand Quarterly balances and Trade Reports
- Ensure all Long Forms, Supply Demand Trade and Quarterly balances for the European Aromatics group are completed, accurate and up to date
- Keep consultants informed of latest news or press releases related to their products
- Help with client requests as needed
- Assist in enabling accurate and timely publishing of all reports by maintaining accuracy of price and chart files and troubleshooting any publishing issues.
Annual World Analysis
- Update trade grids
- Match quarterly balances into the long forms before balancing begins
- Help during the balancing process
- Write sections for World Analysis as required
- Update the Technology Economic snapshots
- Create forecast trade grids for the book.
- Maintain capacity and supply and demand data sources
- Provide necessary support to consultants for Aromatics World Analyses as required
- Answer or direct client questions relating to Aromatics World Analyses as required
Long Term Price Forecast
- Manage the long term forecasting process
- Update the Aromatics long term price forecasts in both models: Econos and GPS
- Audit results and schedule conference calls to review and provide input
- Adjust inputs into the model to get the desired results
Maintain trade charts
- Maintain files and trade data for Aromatics products trade charts
- Maintain logistics arbitrage analysis for specific Aromatics
- Maintain logistic costs database
- Direct client website questions to relevant consultant
- Proactively prepare and maintain economic and other models for use by consultants
- Assist consultants in resolving model errors as required
- Support consultants in development of client slides if required
Bachelor's Degree - Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Technical Preferred
MBA a strong plus
Skills and Experience:
- Previous work experience in a Petrochemicals company a significant advantage
- Previous experience using analytical skills, ideally as a Business Analyst
- Experience in customer facing roles an advantage
- Chemical industry knowledge combined with a good level of product expertise.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office products
- A conceptual understanding of how economics and politics influence regional and global markets.
- Proficient public speaker.
- Ability to think through questions and/or problems and independently provide solutions.
- Proactive and self-motivated, focused on delivery of quality results
- Good team worker
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.