Senior Software Development Engineer
We're looking for talented engineers to help us reimagine how payments software looks and works. Our work
At GoCardless we find creative ways to deliver simple solutions to complex problems. We do this by keeping our development cycles fast, by reviewing and adapting our plans frequently, and by investing in a culture of continuous feedback.
We are looking for people who share our desire to build high quality products that put customers at the forefront of our development. As a member of our engineering team you will build and improve our products, add new features, and work closely with other teams across the company to define our engineering roadmap and to understand what is most important to the customer.
We value learning and feedback and are committed to encouraging and supporting each other's professional growth. Moreover, we believe in sharing our knowledge with and contributing to the wide tech community. We frequently host meetups, hackathons, and we open source projects we are proud of.
Some projects we've done recently:
Who we're looking for
- An example of an open source project for a tool for deploying ES6 applications using System.JS and AssetGraph.
- Angular Style Guide.
- HTTP API Design Standards guide.
- Hutch : a Ruby library for enabling asynchronous inter-service communication in a service-oriented architecture, using RabbitMQ.
- Statesman : an opinionated state machine library designed to provide a robust audit trail and data integrity.
You should apply if:
- You're passionate about technology.
- You have experience building products for the web, and have an awareness of technologies across the stack.
- You care deeply about building reliable, well-tested systems.
- You enjoy solving problems and automating responses for recurrent issues.
- You thrive in a culture of code review.
- You have experience leading projects and mentoring junior engineers
Not essential, but nice to have:
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience.
In your application, please include your CV and a link to your GitHub, as well as telling us about an interesting technical project or problem that you've worked on recently.
Our team come from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity - if you're unsure, please apply.