Senior Software Engineer - Curated Monitors
The Curated Monitors team is responsible for a variety of flagship Bloomberg products, with functionality themed around monitoring various markets such as equities, indices and futures. These real time high usage products allow our clients to monitor and rank securities within these markets using various metrics such as volume, change in price, value and periodic highs/lows.
Our solutions integrate seamlessly with core features of the Bloomberg Terminal. Users can import, export, and sync data with other products on the terminal. This makes Curated Monitors a key element in the daily workflow of more than 225k clients.
We continuously seek to make Curated Monitors an integral part of our clients' workflows. We are looking to collaborate closely with other teams in order to integrate better with the rest of the terminal.
We want to be the go-to for getting a high level overview of any market on any Bloomberg platform (Bloomberg Terminal, Mobile and Web). Building upon our existing products, technologies and experience to offer a modern and generic monitoring platform as a service. Enabling the expansion of our monitoring capabilities to a larger universe of securities, including crypto currencies, commodities and bonds.
We are part of a frameworks organisation. All teams in this group have solutions that are meant to be built upon by other teams in order to achieve more. We align and promote our suite of solutions to be used together where applicable and to share our experience of being supportive towards other teams.
What's in it for you?
- Join a new, exciting and growing team
- An opportunity to leave your mark on products that are used by hundreds of thousands users every day.
- Help us architect and implement a modern generic solution to our monitoring needs.
- Interesting technical challenges with large volumes of data.
- Working in a close knit group of teams with supportive colleagues who like to discuss and share knowledge with each other.
We will expect you to:
- Work closely with the team to improve our products in a collaborative manner.
- Work with other teams to either collaborate on new features or to assist them in using our component.
- Help on the design of easy-to-use components for other developers.
- Be passionate about continuously improving our work and bringing in new technologies and tools to the team.
- Have experience with C++
We would love to see:
- Experience architecting high performance backend solutions
- Extensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Interest in following agile methodologies
- Passion about Automated testing, CI and CD
- Desire to work on a high profile product and make an impact
- An interest in financial applications (note: Financial Knowledge is not required)
- Experience working with distributed systems and telemetry.
If this sounds like you, apply! We'll get in touch if we believe you're a good match and get started with a technical phone interview.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.