Who are we?
PayFit simplifies payroll management and HR processes for SMBs. PayFit is an automated SaaS solution to help business owners and HR professionals save time and money allowing them to refocus on what really matters: their employees.
Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to support the digital transformation of HR management through our ever growing range of product features and services. We have a strong presence in France and have been quickly growing in Germany, Spain, and the UK. With 6,000 customers in 4 countries, we are one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in Europe.
Today, we are more than 650 employees at PayFit and we all share four core values:
• Care for each other
• Always stay humble
• Strive for excellence
• Live and work with passion
We are committed to a culture of inclusion and an environment that enables fulfillment in freedom & responsibility.
You want to join us? This video is better than a long description... You'll be joining Core Services Squad
Get onboard of the PayFit rocket by joining our Core Services
Team as a Senior fullstack software engineer.
Our team is part of the Foundations
tribe, whose mission is to "make PayFit easy to build, easy to use".
The tribe operates in 3 main streams :
• Product enablement (notifications, validations, authentication, permissions...)
• User Autonomy (navigation, search, settings, modules...)
• Core HR (HR coach, employee 360, employee directory, exports and reporting...)
Our squad is composed of 2 passionate and dynamic Engineers and the squad tri-force : the Engineering Team Lead, the Product Manager and the Product Designer.
We are part of the Product enablement
stream, our main goal is to accelerate the impact and delivery of product teams by providing compelling functional product components & APIs.
To give you more context, here is what we are working on:
• A notification system enabling product teams to build experiences relying on user notifications (in-app, email, slack...).
• A validation system allowing admins and managers of a company to approve or reject their employees requests (absences, expenses...).
• An internal templating system enabling product teams to build custom email layouts and generate PDFs (Payslips for example).
We also own a segment of the PayFit business domain: the collaborator experience. What will be your role?
Your mission will be to contribute to the whole development process (from system design to delivery and monitoring).
• Design, develop, test and maintain robust APIs and services for maximum reliability, resilience and scalability with security in mind.
• Work with a Product Manager & Product Designer on feature development & product initiatives.
• Participate actively in defining the architecture vision to better support our growing user base and scale accordingly.
• Maintain a high level of quality through extreme programming (XP) software development methodology, documentation and pairing.
• Share your knowledge through workshops and coaching.
• Promote our engineering culture and best practices. For the day-to-day work, we use 🧰
• Technical stack: TypeScript, Node.js , React, docker, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, AWS, MongoDB, GraphQL...
• Code collaboration: GitHub, CircleCI
• Project management and knowledge: JIRA, Notion, Miro, Whimsical
• Communication: Slack, Zoom
• Design tool: Figma This job has been tailored for you if...
You have the following qualities :
• You have 4+ years of experience as a software engineer and have had exposure to architectural patterns of efficient, large and high-scale systems (Design Patterns, Microservices, Databases...)
• Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and product-driven engineer who is interested in solving problems and delivering value while taking into account business tech tradeoffs.
• Best Practices: You are an organized, rigourous engineer who follows best practices regarding code quality, clean architecture, testing, monitoring, code reviews and CI/CD.
• Impact Maker: You are creative, passionate about building things and want to help build an innovative product used by thousands of users.
• Team player: You have good communication skills, are comfortable working in a partially remote team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues
• Curiosity: You are a curious, open-minded and motivated engineer who is eager to learn and introduce new tools and methodologies where it can help us grow.
• Languages: You are fluent in English, French is optional. We would be even more impressed if you...
• Are Event-Driven Architecture and Domain Driven Design aficionado.
• Have experience in Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud providers (AWS for example), GitOps.
• Have experience in relational databases (Postgresql for example).
• Have experience in working with Design systems. Hiring process
• HR Phone interview with a Talent Acquisition Specialist. (30-45mins)
• Meet Jordan, the Engineering Team Lead of the squad (30-45mins, visio)
• Short pair programming session followed by a system design interview with two engineers from the team (60-90mins, visio)
• Meet Alix and Charlotte, Product Manager and Product Designer (30mins, visio)
• Meet Pierre, Engineering director of the foundations tribe (30mins, visio)
• Meet the team during our famous Barbecue Test (no worries: it is not a test and you don't have to bring chips) (Visio or on-site)
• Background check to verify your identity, diploma and past professional experience in the context of our ISO27001 certification What we offer
• An international and dynamic team with the opportunity to visit our different offices (Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, London)
• A work from anywhere policy to allow you flexibility in regards to where and when you want to work
• 150 euros equipment budget to comfortably work from home
• A gym at our Paris office and a Gymlib membership with preferential rates
• Restaurant tickets card (Swile)
• 20 weeks of maternity leave supported by PayFit and 4 weeks of partner leave (Signed the Parental Act)
• Health insurance (supported to 60% by PayFit)
• One day per year dedicated to volunteer for an association
• A fulfilling and inclusive workplace, offering equal opportunities for any minority, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation.
Don't forget: everyone fits at PayFit!