eFinancialCareers serves the global financial community as the leading network of career sites for professionals working in banking and the financial markets and those firms seeking to employ them. The successful candidate will work within an agile delivery team to achieve customer excellence and drive platform innovation as a vehicle for product and platform efficiency. This opportunity comes with the ability to help shape and define brand and technology roadmaps and really make an impression, delight our customers, and work on the latest tech.
- Assist tech lead in aligning product and tech through the savvy selection of tooling, integration and software
- Be responsible for the proposal and delivery of technical solutions and act as a technical authority on specified projects
- Play a key role in designing the technical architecture that meets the demands of the business
- Work as part of a multi discipline team of engineers developing and maintaining the eFC product
- Work closely with technology director and senior engineers to ensure that an optimal technical architecture is in place in order to support the product roadmap
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and 3rd party alternatives.
- Relaunch external APIs, and establish how to onboard existing customers without outage, using RESTful micro services and API gateway tooling
- Promote graceful degradation, eventual consistency and fast failure as basic tenets of software design.
- Be accountable for the consistency and coverage of technical documentation and unit testing
- Keep abreast of the latest trends, you will continually seek to improve your knowledge of the software development process and the best tools to support it, implementing best practice amongst the team
- Recommend implementation and integration of new technologies within the development process, making sure that industry standards and best practices are applied from the onset.
- Be an advocate for technical innovation and process improvement, increasing the velocity of the team and their interest in what they do.
- Be fully engaged in software development cycle by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Work closely with other members of engineering teams, such extended software development, team quality assurance, project management.
- Provide members of the extended team with regular software development process coaching and technical mentoring and provide both technical guidance and project governance.
- Provide on-call support as and when needed.
Essential skills, experience, knowledge and attributes
- 5 or more years’ experience in Java or Golang development
- RESTful design and event systems
- Micro service design & event driven architectures
- Ability to refactoring legacy code where required and using TDD as a discipline
- Demonstrable expertise in problem solving and technical innovation at design, coding, tooling and strategic level, capable of rolling-up sleeves and getting hands dirty
- Proven track record in designing major software components for web applications
- Solid experience working in JAVA or Golang stack and relational databases
- Understanding of NoSql databases such as column and graphs
- Strong practical experience of messaging systems
- Understanding of Scrum and agile software development process
- Ability to renew the tech stack using modern tooling and design patterns and conventions to speed up development output, reduce tech debt, and mentor less experienced members of the team while onboarding the changes
- Familiarity with modern serverless applications and deployment technologies such as CloudFormation, CI and CD pipeline
- Adopting a TDD approach in everything everywhere – be an advocate, mentor and knowledge hub for all things TDD
- Experience of working with mixed on-shore and off-shore teams
- Capable of motivating and energising the very best software developers, as well as gaining their respect
- Fast learner with an insatiable appetite to learn more
Material and Equipment Directly Used
All employees are given powerful MacBook Pro laptops with secondary monitors.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
Hybrid working – partial home and office. We have a casual office environment with ping-pong table, video games, free fresh coffee and a dining area for downtime. Further travel will rarely be required, but requires the ability to transport a laptop and peripherals and handheld device.