Senior Solutions Analyst
- Competitive plus bonus
- London, England, Großbritannien London England GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Hazel Cameron Associates Ltd
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
Strategy and investment role supporting and developing solutions across both DB and DC pensions. The role supports the CEO/CIO, and Investment Committee in the design and management for both the DB and DC sections, primarily covering ALM solutions, the construction and management of the reference portfolios and target allocation. Varied role that requires both quantitative and qualitative skills and ability to manage senior stakeholders. Very visible position in company and excellent career opportunity.
- Supports the CIO and Investment Policy Committee (“IPC”) in portfolio construction and the long-term strategic asset allocation decision process
- Remains abreast of investment market and pension related developments and actively incorporates knowledge in the development of strategic initiatives
- Supports the Integration of the asset allocation across DB and DC, as well as the liability hedging programmes into the portfolio construction process.
- Supports the preparation of committee papers for the relevant boards, coordinating and liaising with Head of Strategy Solutions on content and other requirements.
- Supports the Head of Strategy Solutions in the scheme valuation process
- Supports the setting of the target allocation and actively assists in the development of the derivation process
- Supports portfolio rebalancing/transition programmes with individual dealing/operation desks as appropriate.
- Supports the scheme Portfolio Management Software and assists in its ongoing development.
- Works with the Private Markets and Investment Risk teams to assist in the definition of funding sources, benchmarks and risk modelling approaches for new and existing private market positons.
- Works to develop scheme hedging programmes across liability hedging and more broadly (tail risk etc.)
- Continue to improve the consistency of market data used for analytics originated by the Strategy team
- Be responsible for asset inventory and model compliance for all the internally developed models used by the strategy team
Skills and Experience
- Excellent analytical skills – able to pick up new and challenging concepts and able to provide clear solutions
- Intellectual curiosity – willingness and ability to investigate and develop new ideas and investment strategies
- High level of structure and organisation and the ability to work across teams
- Flexibility in approach – adaptability to different market conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written papers and oral presentations
- Competent at prioritisation, process organisation, and management of multiple workstreams
Ability to influence, to fulfil investment decisions is key. The role would suit a strategic and collaborative individual with both a quantitative and qualitiative investment background, ideally already working in an institiutional asset manager.