Software Demonstration/Regional Sales AVP
****Please note - this role could be located in London, Edinburgh or Dublin
This position provides an excellent opportunity for the candidate to join Global Sector Solutions. In this role the candidate will join a brand new team focused on establishing a superior demonstration program to improve how our technology is showcased to our prospects and clients. The candidate will represent their region and will work in collaboration with the manager of the team, Sales representatives and Sector Heads in their region and many others around State Street to build superior technology presentations, relationships with all Business units, IT and Product teams at STT and importantly help build a ground game effort coalition to expand our reach beyond the core team of 4.
The main focus of the role would be to support the revenue growth efforts at State Street by developing, leading and performing excellent technology/software demonstrations with Sector Sales representatives at prospect and client meetings. The job involves the following:
Participation with developing the program
- Help to create project plan to execute on the various phases and tasks required to get this program developed and launched in 2019/2020
- Participate in all aspects of program development including identifying all software solutions for demonstrations, gaining access to all software solutions, working with business units to establish demo accounts and required data transactions, and developing scripts with client benefit messaging for each sector type.
- Help to establish a cadence with IT (GTS and My STT) and various GX, GM and GS Product Management teams to ensure feedback from clients is shared for future development and that the team is aware of new functionality, enhancements, and upcoming roadmap
Performing technology demonstrations
- Prepare for and attend prospect and client meetings with Sector Solutions executives and seamlessly perform technology demonstrations, aimed at the challenges faced by and goals of the attendees of the meeting.
- Work to create persona and sector based demonstrations that effectively communicate the value of our technology tools and investment to the client's organization and role.
- Ensuring all accounts and data are ready for the technology demo presentation.
- Maintain awareness of all technology enhancements and roadmap for ongoing and current communications with Sectors Reps and clients about how our solutions will deliver value.
Developing a Regional Coalition
- Work with local Sectors Management to understand demo challenges today and seek their guidance towards improvements needed in their markets.
- Identify key staff in the region who perform demo's today, work with them to understand the technology and gain best practices that you and your Sectors Demo team colleagues later perfect.
- Build bridge between potential staff to remain in key tech demo roles that you can help lead to better outcomes through the focus and strategies developed in the Sectors Demo Team.
- Help to establish technology access, training on all required technologies functionality and new benefits based scripts, conduct assessments of their performance and create processes for work assignments.
- Help to identify new methods/trends for demonstrating technology to our clients for increased impact and explore leveraging at State Street.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably with business, economics or information technology major.
- Minimum 3-5 years in financial services role
- Experience in client presentations, preferably conducting software demonstrations in live settings.
- Strong track performance and results driven track record.
- Ability to travel approximately 50-75 % of the time
- Experience in selling/demonstrating financial services software
- Excellent verbal presentation, written communication, active listening and interpersonal skills. Engaging "Story Telling".
- Good business acumen, nimble, able to gracefully handle questions and challenges during live demo setting
- Solid understanding of technology, able to solve challenges with connectivity, displaying data at client sites, etc.
- Capability to work independently, take initiative with minimal supervision yet can participate as a team member with a willingness to help where needed
- Proven capability with process improvement and delivering meaningful results in their current roles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a diverse group of people
- Risk identification and assessment (ie. Proven Risk Excellence)
- Solid MS Office Excel/PowerPoint skills, Organizational skills and time management