- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 20 Mär 19
21 March 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£64,650 - £86,200
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
You will work with stakeholders to advocate engineering and deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices. You will coach other lead engineers through Chapter construct. You will support the engineering community by providing deep domain and technical expertise and support the resolution of complex challenges. You are able to prioritize between technical debt and customer features sensibly. You are a role model promoting DevOps culture and practices.
Are you someone who is interested in having your work impact millions of lives and also have fun while doing it ? If yes, come help us build the bank of the future.
Lloyds Banking Group is changing. We're rapidly transforming into a digitally-led business on a massive scale in order to better serve our customers. We're already the largest provider of digital banking products in the UK, with over 12 million active online customers and nearly 8 million active mobile banking customers. It means a big opportunity for you to be part of ground-breaking transformation and it means there's never been a more exciting time to join.
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we can offer excellent opportunities for career growth and development. And we are looking for people who can seize those opportunities; you'll get plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
What you will do:
- You will work with stakeholders to deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles.
- You will drive strategic system and process improvements, interventions and upgrades where relevant.
- You will apply Systems Thinking to solve systemic challenges and impediments.
- You have a passion to coach other lead engineers and ensure the appropriate development is in place and support through Chapter construct.
- You will support and drive where necessary on key architecture decisions.
- You are able to prioritize technical debt and value delivery keeping both tactical and strategic challenges in mind.
- Align the engineering community to follow industry best practices.
- Be a champion of agile ways of working.
- You will foster knowledge sharing and collaboration across wider engineering community.
- You are comfortable educating both technical and non-technical colleagues about technical topics and articulate reasoning behind key technical decisions.
- You are able to discover and use emerging technology to benefit the bank.
- Acts as a role model promoting DevOps culture and practices.
- Strong Software Engineering background and deep knowledge of agile development practices, TDD/BDD, automated builds, continuous integration, code quality metrics etc.
- History in providing Software Engineering oversight, technical leadership and setting the strategic direction across multiple teams
- Experience across the entire software development life-cycle from inception, through build to production
- Deep and broad understanding of Java(v8 minimum) plus exposure to least one other language (NodeJS, Python, Kotlin etc )
- Strong experience with:
- Various testing patterns, frameworks and their roles. Examples like JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, Cucumber, Gatling, PACT.
- Build tools like Maven/Gradle, Jenkins2/Circle CI, Nexus, Sonar, GIT.
- Strong experience with delivering production-ready scalable microservices
- Experience with Docker containers and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- You are familiar with best practices on system design decisions related to scalability, resilience and supportability.
- Experience of API design and architecture patterns, messaging technologies (Kafka, MQ)
- Exposure to deployment and monitoring tools like Chef / Ansible , Splunk, Urbancode, Appdynamics, Prometheus etc
- Exposure to delivering services through Continuous Delivery.
- A good understanding of Systems Thinking.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.