Software Engineer, Credit Risk Java microservices
Join us as a Software Engineer
What you'll do
- This is an opportunity for a driven Software Engineer to take on an exciting new career challenge
- You'll have the opportunity to build a wide network of stakeholders of varying levels of seniority
- It's a chance to hone your existing technical skills and advance your career
In your new role, you'll engineer and maintain innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust solutions.
You'll be working within a feature team and using extensive experience to engineer software, scripts and tools that are often complex, as well as liaising with other engineers, architects and business analysts across the platform.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Producing complex and critical software rapidly and of high quality which adds value to the business
- Working in permanent teams who are responsible for the full life cycle, from initial development, through enhancement and maintenance to replacement or decommissioning
- Collaborating to optimise our software engineering capability
- Designing, producing, testing and implementing our working code
- Working across the life cycle, from requirements analysis and design, through coding to testing, deployment and operations
You'll need a background in software engineering, software design, architecture, and an understanding of how your area of expertise supports our customers.
You'll also need:
- A desire to work in a fast paced team that designs, builds, tests and runs key systems within Credit Risk
- Proficient in Spring-boot and Java technologies and frameworks, being able to work independently and follow best practices
- Experience of building cloud native microservices and APIs through an agile delivery team
- A working understanding of relational databases
- A good appreciation of automated testing and build pipelines