Software Engineer (Customer Communications/Document Composition) – Band D
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 22 Mär 19
Software Engineer (Customer Communications/Document Composition) – Band D
24 March 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£35,397 - £39,330
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Our aim is to create a forward-thinking engineering culture that supports the business in delivering high quality, efficient and positive impact outcomes for customers. The role of the Software Engineer is vital in ensuring the products we deliver are fit for purpose and meet the quality and standards that our customers expect. Being part of cross-disciplinary teams, Software Engineers should be able to showcase excellent interpersonal and communications skills whilst efficiently working across the project life cycle to ensure software operates as intended whilst validating and verifying feature behaviour against requirement specifications.
Our Software Engineers work in a highly collaborative way to complete assigned work, showcase progress and address problems that are well defined, complex and often non-routine whilst being quick learners who can learn and adapt to new technologies being used within Lloyds and the wider industry.
This engineering role sits within the Group Transformation Document Services Enterprise Team responsible for LBG Customer Communications Management across all of our brands. Document Services manage composition of a huge portfolio of communications for across both paper & digital & its systems support the delivery of in excess of 500m customer communications per annum. With a huge transformation backlog to deliver in 2019 our Document Services team is looking to quickly establish a number of new Agile development teams & to support this we have a number of Engineering roles available to candidates with the right mix of skills & experience. Applications from candidates with document composition/customer communications management experience (ideally skilled in Pitney Bowes EngageOne/Doc1 tools) are preferred but we are also keen to hear from strong technically-minded individuals with with a real passion for technology. Experience of working within an Agile framework will be a real advantage & those with an understanding of how data can be used to drive rich & meaningful customer communications using full colour, graphics and imagery will be considered
These exciting roles will place the successful applicants at the heart of a vibrant and successful team driving forward LBG customer communications transformation & digitization. Candidates will receive full training in our technology set as well as our Agile change-management process & will be fully empowered to make the most of their potential
Ensure Engineering is conducted in a way which is consistent with the collective views, frameworks, patterns and best practices that exist across the wider Engineering community.
We have opportunities based in both Halifax (West Yorkshire) and London with travel to other sites as required. Applicants will be expected to on-site 3 to 4 days per week to support collaborative delivery using Agile frameworks.
Behaviours & Competencies
• An 'automation-first' approach with a passion for driving productivity and a focus on quality, reducing risk and delivering value to our internal and external customers
• Significant problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Excellent collaboration, interpersonal and communications skills
• Logical and creative thinking skills
• Ability to work independently and take responsibility whilst using own initiative
• Excitement about working with others to collectively enable and achieve greater results
• Business/IT hybrid - skilled in translating complex technical issues to Business/non-technical stakeholder audiences
• Ready to test & learn to prove value-add
• Self-starter & keen to break new ground to remove waste/delivery value
Knowledge & Experience
• Working within a Customer Communications Management business (or equivalent) with a sound understanding of how to design & construct rich data-driven communications for multi-channel delivery
• Experience of/or understanding of multi-channel customer communications composition within a banking environment (or equivalent)
• Experience of/or ability to develop using Pitney Bowes Doc1/EngageOne CCM tools.
• Awareness of how to pre/post-process data and experience of working with diverse data formats (ideally XML, AFP, PostScript) & awareness of how metadata is used across print & digital comms (e.g. TLEs) in the CCM context
• Knowledge of relational databases
• Understanding of code unit testing & awareness of test data creation/wider testing across Document Services/external processes
• Awareness/experience of Test Automation & DevOps tooling across Git/Gerrit, Nexus, Ant, Maven, Sonar, Jenkins, Selenium, Ansible and Urban Code for continuous integration and delivery
• Understanding of Agile development & ability to adopt Agile ways of working & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence
• Understanding of document archiving & EDRMS systems (Pitney Bowes e2Vault. FileNet or equivalent) and of document workflow systems
• CCM data/document design & development across a suite of best-of-breed document composition & workflow technologies
• Development & maintenance of document composition applications (code-lines) & associated workflows
• Support Solution Design discussions as a CCM Engineer in conjunction with Solution Engineers/ Architects across a network of LBG teams, Partners & external suppliers
• To lead Document Composition development within an Agile development team & work closely with Business Analysts/Quality Engineers to achieve the required outcomes
• To maintain & enhance code architecture best practice, shape & maintain development standards
• Ensure all work is delivered in alignment with the LBG change-management & risk frameworks
• Creation & maintenance of technical documentation for document composition code and workflow applications, environments, etc.
• Assisting with technical Impact Assessments & incident analysis/resolution where required
• Ensure that document composition code is designed appropriately to facilitate efficient running & simple/quick future maintenance
• Use experience to advise on new ways of thinking/new features or complimentary solutions to meet LBG use-cases
• To support document composition change across a wide portfolio of products covering small/regular change and large scale project/programme deliveries
Horizontal T - 'primer' proficiency in:
- Code architecture/development & maintenance using EngageOne/Doc1 (or equivalent) Data/Document Design & Composition; CCM Workflow/delivery; Document Archiving/EDRMS & digital document delivery
Vertical T - '+' proficiency in:
- Quality Engineering/Testing; Business Analysis; CCM Workflow/delivery: Print & Mail processing; Agile development
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce, which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.