Software Engineering Lead (Customer Communications/Document Composition) – Band F
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 19 Mär 19
Software Engineering Lead (Customer Communications/Document Composition) – Band F
1 May 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£64,650 - £86,200
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Works with stakeholders to advocate engineering and deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices. Supports the engineering community by providing deep domain and technical expertise and providing a voice to engineers to identify and support the resolution of issues. Ensures technical debt and releases are prioritised accordingly. Able to continually develop themselves with industry best practice methods and tooling used across their engineering teams.
Our aim is to create a forward-thinking engineering culture that supports the business in delivering high quality, efficient and positive impact outcomes for customers. The role of the Software Engineer is vital in ensuring the products we deliver are fit for purpose and meet the quality and standards that our customers expect. Being part of cross-disciplinary teams, Software Engineers should be able to showcase excellent interpersonal and communications skills whilst efficiently working across the project life cycle to ensure software operates as intended whilst validating and verifying feature behaviour against requirement specifications.
Our Software Engineers work in a highly collaborative way to complete assigned work, showcase progress and address problems that are well defined, complex and often non-routine whilst being quick learners who can learn and adapt to new technologies being used within Lloyds and the wider industry.
This Engineering Lead role sits within the Group Transformation Document Services Enterprise Team responsible for LBG Customer Communications Management across all of our brands. Document Services manage composition of a huge portfolio of communications for across both paper & digital & its systems support the delivery of in excess of 500m customer communications per annum. With a huge transformation backlog to deliver in 2019 our Document Services team is looking to secure a suitably skilled & experienced Engineering/Development Lead with the right mix of subject matter experience, relevant technical skills, Agile change-delivery knowledge and vision to help shape & evolve our Engineering function across two strategic locations (London & Halifax) This is a lead role & will place the successful applicant at the heart of a vibrant and successful team driving forward LBG customer communications transformation & digitization. For this role, SME knowledge of large-scale Enterprise customer communications rationalisation/centralisation & digitization programmes backed with recent/relevant experience of leading a large Engineering Team are key.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for leading a team of Engineers, contributing to the successful delivery of projects within the organisation. They will also be a member of the leadership team, acting as owner and sponsor for initiatives within the department. They will have knowledge of Customer Communications Management principles and processes and also be able to anticipate and identify areas of opportunity and position their team to fulfil the future needs of the organisation.
This role will be based in London with travel to other sites as required. Applicants will be expected to on-site 3 to 4 days per week to support collaborative delivery using Agile frameworks.
Behaviours & Competencies • An 'automation-first' approach with a passion for driving productivity and a focus on quality, reducing risk and delivering value to our internal and external customers• Significant problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills • Excellent collaboration, interpersonal and communications skills • Logical and creative thinking skills • Ability to work independently and take responsibility whilst using own initiative • Excitement about working with others to collectively enable and achieve greater results • Servant Leader capability with a desire to coach & develop team members • Business/IT hybrid - skilled in translating complex technical issues to Business/non-technical stakeholder audiences • Ready to test & learn to prove value-add • Self-starter & keen to break new ground to remove waste/delivery value
- Knowledge & Experience • Recent/relevant experience of leading a large Engineering Team within an Enterprise function, preferable within a Customer Communications Management business. • In depth knowledge of market Customer Communications Management/Digital Experience solutions, ideally able to demonstrate competent hands-on capability of at least three of the following areas:
• Pitney Bowes CCM tools including Doc1, EngageOne, E2Vault, StreamWeaver
• Workflow technologies (e.g.MS Systemcenter/Orchestrator)
• Cloud Computing (AWS/Azure etc.) configuration
• Linux/Windows and virtualisation/containerisation (inc. Docker, Kubernetes)
• DevOps tooling across Git/Gerrit, Nexus, Ant, Maven, Sonar, Jenkins, Selenium, Ensile and Urban
• Interactive/self-service composition/UI systems, Mobile-first customer communications & push messaging.
- • Ability to see the big picture and translate business priorities into technical solutions •
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and understand the relationships between them • Can understand and identify specific skillset requirements and use this to resource the team accordingly • Understands risk management concepts and can factor this into work prioritisation models •Experienced of using Agile at scale & managing backlogs across multiple feature teams
- Role responsibilities • Leader for the Customer Communications Management Engineering function within Document Services (part of Enterprise Core Systems) • Team escalation point, acting as engineering principal for running projects and able to guide other team members to successful outcomes • Work with group architecture, research, and innovation teams to input into future technical landscape for the business unit • Technical accountability for the delivery of projects within Document Services • Represent Document Services at relevant governance bodies. Ensure engineering capability is aligned to current and future deliverables • Line manager for Engineers within the team • Experienced in stakeholder management, and able to influence change at senior levels in the organisation • Solid understanding of risk management and how to use it to influence change planning and delivery • Work with the Document Services Product Owner(s) & Programme Managers ensuring alignment across the various delivery teams within the organisation • Takes accountability for ensuring that each implementation meets our quality standards • Leading CCM design & development best practice & providing guidance, standards and support to development teams with mixed-levels of experience/knowledge • Use industry insight & experience to help shape future technical strategy of Document Services & deliver a best-in-class solution for our customers • To be a transformational servant-leader who leads/supports empowered colleagues to deliver value • Support Solution Design discussions as a CCM Engineering SME in conjunction with Solution Engineers/ Architects across a network of LBG teams, Partners & external suppliers • To help ensure that the Agile development methodology is scaled up without risk or reduction in quality through the right balance of empowerment & governance • To define best practice, shape & maintain development standards & work with Agile development team members/the Agile coach to ensure these available to all • Ensure all work is delivered in alignment with the LBG change-management & risk frameworks • Leading technical Testing methodology to ensure quality and support negative testing, NFT, etc. including handoffs with/to upstream/downstream systems• To support the evaluation of new technologies & plan test & learn activities ahead of wider implementation planning & delivery • To ensure that document composition change-management is managed appropriately to eliminate risk of error • To work with the Agile coach, Scrum Masters & Team Product owners to establish best practice is delivered and maintained
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce, which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.