FS banking client requires a CASS/Client money specialist as they look to expand their product offering into Prime Brokerage and Wealth. The bank is looking for someone who can sit between Compliance/Regulation and ops to ensure regulatory conformance to the new CASS legislation which will affect them.
- Work alongside legal, compliance and operations to design and create the new CASS framework for the bank.
- Set up controls and safety checks to demonstrate conformance to CASS regulations
- Be the main point of contact for internal and external audit
- Design and prepare timely and accurate reporting of CASS/Client Money Management Information, ensuring all metrics are relevant and add value to the business.
- Work with other members of the team to ensure existing procedures, processes, systems, and training manuals are up to date
- Conduct Quality Assurance reviews of CASS procedures, processes, and controls, assessing the treatment of client money and client assets and adherence to the CASS rules.
- Ensure monthly Client Asset Return report is completed
Key attributes of a successful candidate
- As a stand-alone role in the CASS space this individual must believe in their technical and operational CASS expertise. You will be setting the CASS agenda for the organisation, requiring someone who believes in themselves and can make other key stakeholders buy into what need to be done.
- Time/Project management – as a greenfield site you will be responsible to ensure the CASS program moves to deadlines agreed. This will entail dealing with other team and departments, making sure they deliver what is required to ensure regulation conformance will be very important keeping the program on time and budget.
- This is a great opportunity for someone to put their mark on a firm and really own a program from start to finish.