- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, Großbritannien
Solutions ArchitectCompany Overview
At Schroders, asset management is our only business and our goals are completely aligned with those of our clients - the creation of long-term value to assist them in meeting their future financial requirements.
The Schroders Global Technology function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. The technology change function is split between 4 domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations & Data; Distribution & Product; Corporate and Digital.
Schroders is entering a period where the rapid evolution of digital capabilities/technologies will be vital to meet its future aims. Headed by Schroders' Chief Digital Officer, Digital is looking for highly capable and motivated individuals to lead, implement and facilitate change. Like the rest of technology, Digital delivery follows the Scaled Agile Framework, SAFe.
The Digital Solution Architect (SA) will be a key member of the System Team in the Digital ART responsible for ensuring the development integrity, cohesive design and timely delivery of solutions within the ART. The SA will be responsible for high level solution design in response to business requirements, and communicating those designs to the management team, delivery leads ("Capability Leads") and system architects within the individual delivery teams. As a virtual member of Schroders' Enterprise Architecture function, the SA will be responsible for ensuring that all projects within Digital follow the correct architecture governance process. The SA will provide technical consultancy to all delivery teams throughout the delivery process.
Working closely with the Release Train Engineer (RTE) and Capability Leads, the SA will help further develop an industry-leading, engineering discipline-based internal development team, committed to achieving Schroders' ambitions to be a Digital leader for the significantly changing financial services industry.
• To ensure the engineering integrity of solution development delivery across Digital technology at Schroders.
• To evangelise strategic use of data and customer centric solution design thinking across the enterprise
• Mentor and coach teams of software developers that develop and design enterprise software products and operating systems.
• Be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
• Work with senior stakeholders to design a framework for solution development management
• Work with technology and business teams to develop environments for rapid prototyping and help recruit, manage and maintain a world class engineering team
• Collaborate with technical leads and with them own the overall architecture, design and development of core projects
• Inspire and motivate the team to strive for excellence, automation, performance and teamwork
• Grow the next generation of successful technical leaders through hands on mentorship and coaching
• Boost communication and facilitate feedback between developers and capability leads
• Architect, build, and deliver software to complement our product and engineering roadmaps
• Help build and develop processes to continuously improve engineering performance and quality
• Communicate objectives, key results and impacting changes clearly across the engineering org and beyond
• Deliver innovative, simple yet elegant technical solutions built for scale
• Reinforce a positive and inspired engineering culture that provides growth, learning and teamwork
The successful applicant must bring the communication and presentation skills necessary to represent IT to senior stakeholders up to and including the Group Management Committee.
• Excellent and effective communication skills including verbal and written
• Solid mentorship & coaching skills
• Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management experience
• Experience of architecting secure, robust, scalable systems. Including web-based and distributed systems, based on a strong background in developing these systems
• Passion for Digital technology and a vision for Digital's future
• Experience with configuration automation and monitoring services
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure.
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.