Specialist, Data Governance
Specialist - Data Governance
The Markets business compromises of FX, Securities Finance, Liquidity and Margin Services, Fixed Income and Equity Capital Markets servicing clients across the world.
The role will have responsibility for leading the successful end-to-end execution of BNY Mellon's data governance, privacy and records management programs for Markets.
The role will be part of the Business Management team and will functionally report into the Data Leader of Markets.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Works closely with the enterprise Global Privacy Office
- Serves as Privacy Steward for Global Markets line of business
- Implements key Data privacy controls (including but not limited to Privacy notices, change management, individual rights management etc)
- Ensures adherence to privacy policies
- Manages the Markets Privacy Champion network
- Oversight and leadership for privacy incidents
- Represents Markets in privacy forums and committees
- Manages individual rights requests
- Supports regulatory requests and inquiries
- Drives privacy regulatory change initiatives/programs
- Central point of contact for all records management activities
- Oversees management of both physical and digital data and records in line with all corporate data and record retention policies
- Establishes and maintains process and procedures for data retention and records management
- Ensures adherence to records transport and storage policies
- Establishes and maintains data inventory
- Facilitates understanding of records management within Markets
- Drives forwards the overall data governance framework across the Markets business
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including report & procedure writing and management pack presentation production.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working on Data Governance within an Investment Banking setting.
- Knowledge of Data Privacy and Records Management environments and challenges
- Proven track record of reporting to executive level stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to synthesize large amounts of information into concise and structured output.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change, self- motivated and able to independently drive results.
- Ability to initiate, define, lead and prioritise to remain focussed on the end target.
- Proactively identifies roadblocks or unprecedented, complex problems, develops solutions and follows through to implementation.
- Strong organisational skills