Specialist, Product Management
Product Strategy Role
The role is focused on idea generation, investigation and creation of forward looking investment management products and strategies in an effort to continue to position BNY Mellon Investment Management EMEA as an industry leading investment management firm.
Critically, the individual is expected to execute on the following three areas:
- Product Strategy - independently create and thoroughly test and support a view on new product creation and industry direction. This requires the individual to thoroughly investigate ideas and build comprehensive business cases, communicate across the BNYM IM organisation, and achieve buy-in of key product initiatives with key stakeholders and through presentation of business case to the Product Committee. Exceptional research abilities and attention to detail are the attributes sought as is the ability to effectively work with our Investment Firm partners in all areas of current and forward-looking product developments.
- Sales support and ongoing product management - creation of product positioning versus peers; analyses of costs/charges, performance, AUM, net flows of existing products; recommend changes to existing products to evolve them for current and future client needs. The expectation is that the individual will become a subject matter expert in one of our key franchise areas but also with a detailed understanding of ESG, sustainable and responsible investing and the market environment that associated products are promoted in.
- Governance - ensure products are suitable for their target markets and that product governance is effectively managed for the Manufactured and Non-Manufactured products IM EMEA distributes.
Overall, we are looking for a hungry, focused, self-starter who is meticulous in research and has a strong curiosity to earn a deeper understanding of the investment management product lifecycle and support the future growth of IM EMEA.
Key Skills Required:
- Strong understanding and experience in the asset management industry, investment techniques and pooled product structures in particular UCITS structures domiciled in Ireland and the UK.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with absolute attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills demonstrated by an ability to credibly liaise with senior management as well as developing good working relationships with peer group colleagues.
- A proactive approach to resolving issues as well as identifying developing opportunities.
- Strong organization, time and project management skills.
- Desire to learn about new aspects of investment management in particular ESG, Responsible and Sustainable Investing
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualifiers - IMC or CFA qualifications would be an advantage
- Experience of Bloomberg, FERI, Lipper, Morningstar and other market analysis tools
- Languages would also be useful but not essential. Continental European languages such as Italian, French, German or Spanish would be particularly useful.