Sr. Specialist, Information Security - Cyber Threat Intelligence
Who We Are:
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon's global Technology organization, you'll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients' expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank's executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation.
Do you want to be on the front lines of cyber defense for a major financial institution? Track criminals, blast out Flash Cables to alert defenders and users, research and report on major cyber threat trends? We have a job for you!
BNY Mellon is invested in creating new opportunities for economic growth and progress. What does it mean to be invested? For more than 230 years we've continually invested in people and opportunities that open up new worlds. We are the engine that drives businesses, institutions and individuals forward. As America's longest running financial institution, we've driven financial markets and helped our clients find opportunities for growth and progress around the world.
The BNY Mellon Cyber Threat Intelligence Group (CTIG), as a part of the Information Security Division (ISD), supports BNY Mellon's global operations by helping detect and defend against cyber criminals and advanced threat groups, discovering and analyzing cyber threat information to produce actionable intelligence that enhances situational awareness of threats to the institution and its clients and enables the ISD to proactively adjust its defensive posture.
As the CTIG continues to grow and expand its geographic footprint, we are seeking motivated professionals to serve in London to support global cyber threat intelligence coverage. These professionals will conduct research into cyber threat actors, operations and technologies to create, both independently and as part of a team, analytic products to inform leadership and technology teams about emerging and evolving threats. A successful candidate will be able to craft high-quality written products targeted at audiences of varying levels of technical expertise and cyber awareness, as well as prepare and deliver cyber threat intelligence presentations to internal and external audiences. What You'll Be Doing:
• Identify new threat tactics, techniques and procedures used by cyber threat actors.
• Publish actionable threat intelligence for business and technology management
• Create threat assessments to assist consumers in understanding their relevance to the enterprise along with potential impact
• Interface with other Cyber Operations teams (e.g., Incident Response, SOC)
• Acquire threat intelligence and technical indicators from external sources; develop tactical intelligence and technical indicators internally
• Interface with industry peers, government and law enforcement organizations as appropriate to acquire and share threat intelligence information
• Research, analyze, write and publish. Repeat as necessary
• Maintains the effectiveness of enterprise-wide information security strategy including related programs, processes and initiatives. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Assists in the development, implementation and enforcement of corporate-wide security policies, procedures and standards. Assists in consulting with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies and appropriate security architectures, practices and procedures. Reviews and analyzes more complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations produces advanced reports, analyses, findings, etc. Works closely with IT infrastructure and software engineering applications development to ensure integrity of security procedures, systems, and policies. Works with developers to ensure proper completion of all risk assessments within policy and procedures. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Who We're Looking For:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
• 6-8 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required
• Industry certifications such as CISSP or SANS certifications a plus
• Significant experience in information security, including familiarity with multiple operating systems, platforms, and network protocols
• Experience in the securities or financial services industry a plus
• Experience in the Intelligence Community or law enforcement as an intelligence analyst a plus
• Intelligence analytical background and working knowledge of structured analytic techniques such as Analysis of Competing Hypotheses (ACH)
• Experience in analysis of large data sets for the purpose of identifying malicious activity
• Understanding of the Cyber Kill Chain and intelligence cycle
• Familiarity with open source research techniques and information sources
• Understanding of "advanced persistent threat" (APT) cyber threat actors to include tools, malware, and infrastructure used a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Capable of self-sufficient and self-motivated work ensuring both high quality and timely delivery of finished intelligence products