- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Making banking easier for all of our customers We have an exciting opportunity to join our team based in Triton Square as Statutory Reporting Accountant.
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team based in Triton Square as Statutory Reporting Accountant.
The team is ultimately responsible for all external statutory reporting by these Santander businesses in the UK and is responsible for the preparation of the Annual Reports, Half-Yearly Financial Reports, and internal quarterly statutory financial reporting for Santander UK Group Holdings plc, Santander UK plc and Abbey National Treasury Services plc. It
The team coordinates with the other departments who contribute to and review the relevant documents, as well as supporting the external auditors and legal advisors, provides accounting support for debt issuances, including review and agreement of engagement letters, comfort letters and management representation letters with external auditors, counsel and underwriters.
You will be working very closely with the Capital Reporting team, including providing support for updating capital reports on a monthly basis and with other areas of Finance (including Group Reporting, Management Information, and Tax), Risk, Investor Relations and Legal & Regulatory, as well as the external auditors and legal counsel.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Statutory Reporting Accountant your main responsibilities will be
- Providing accounting support around debt issuances out of various entities and programmes.
- Assisting the team in the assessment, collation and summarising of key management judgements relating to IFRS accounting.
- The co-ordination of the approval and sign off of external auditor management representation letters
- Other ad hoc processes to support both the team's statutory reporting deliverables and other aspects to support the team as a whole.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Good UK financial accounting experience, preferably studying for an accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA)
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with other teams, and the ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to organise work to strict deadlines under pressure, Self-starter, attention to detail and persistence and ability to be flexible in approach and working hours.
- Experience of the UK public company reporting environment desirable and experience of financial services desirable.
- Good Excel and Word skills.
Salary is £25,000 - £30,000
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It's one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.