Strategy Index Product Manager
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 22 Feb 19
Strategy Index Product Manager
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index solution services. Indices that capture specific trading strategies have become an integral part of the capital markets. Following our acquisition of BRAIS along with the advent of benchmark regulations and the growth of passive investments, new opportunities require new talent within our strategy index group in London.
What's the Role?
You'll be joining a highly motivated and successful strategy index team that sits within our Enterprise Product Group. You will be focusing on the development, calculation and administration of strategy indices across major asset classes, but predominantly in FICC (Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities). You will have a lead role in developing systematic strategy indices working closely with research, implementing custom index requests and working with clients on strategy index calculation requests.
You'll adapt your communication style according to your audience and be equally adept at collaborating closely with colleagues across multiple teams as well as presenting to clients and soliciting feedback. You'll be comfortable in working with large data sets and have a gift in extracting meaningful intelligence to drive innovation and product direction. You'll also have great interpersonal skills as they are essential in order to effectively collaborate with other internal teams and engage with clients. You'll be someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to take positions advocating change and then deliver.
Regarding domain expertise, you'll have a deep knowledge of the institutional asset management industry, understand index trends, regulation and understand what our customers need. You will most probably have acquired this knowledge whilst working in an index structuring team at an investment bank or index provider.
You'll be expected to influence product vision and then execute on that vision. This may include product design, exploring strategic partnerships, and always delivering effective internal and external information.
We'll trust you to:
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and product vision of the strategy index product offering
- Drive the development and market acceptance of independent benchmark administration
- Communicate the product vision within Bloomberg and build consensus among senior leadership team
- Work with clients to implement custom index requests and co-develop custom index solutions
- Interpret complex index methodologies, build financial models to back-test and develop strategy indices
- Assess clients portfolio needs and translate them into index-based solutions
- Work closely with Engineering and Production teams to implement and automate indices in a robust and efficient manner, sourcing and mapping data requirements
You'll need to have:
- A strong academic background in one of analytical and technical degrees including, but not limited to: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Statistics or Economics
- Hands on product experience, preferably from an index or research background in systematic trading strategies
- A good knowledge of financial markets, securities and derivatives in FICC and experience with Python, R and VBA
- Excellent analytical capabilities working with large data sets, to aid in solving non-routine problems in a timely fashion with keen attention to detail
- A broad understanding of the index industry including key products, business dynamics, economic drivers, and critical connectivity partners across key market sub-segments
- Strong marketing skills with a point of view on product positioning and product adoption strategy
- Ability to develop thorough, integrated, commercially sound business plans
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new business ideas
- Deep understanding of regulations on financial indices and day-to-day governance determinations on index events
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.